Chapter 5: Unspoken Filth

'Therapy,
I'm a walking travesty,
But I'm smiling at everything,
Therapy,
You were never a friend to me,
So you can take back your misery'
- All Time Low
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Chapter 5: Unspoken Filth

*|Steel's POV|*

Skylar and I exited room 127 and made our way down the crowded hallway to the reception desk. I nodded a polite goodbye to the elderly woman behind the desk before placing my hand on Skylar's lower back to lead him towards the door. Although, the moment my hand made contact, he flinched away. He moved quickly away from me towards the wall and kept his head down. I could not see his face, for he was hiding behind his bangs, but I noticed his entire form trembling slightly.

"Skylar? Are you okay? Did I hurt you at all?" I asked hesitantly in a calming voice. He simply shook his head and quickly rushed out of the hospital ahead of me, keeping his head down and holding his hands to his chest.
Shit, I mentally cursed. I ran after him but once on the other side of the doors, realized I had lost him. I looked around frantically, searching for him everywhere throughout the almost empty parking lot. Just when I was about to give up hope, I got a quick glimpse of a black haired figure, sitting against the side of the building.
Jogging up to Skylar, I looked around quickly, only to see no one in sight.
Once I reached his huddled form, I knelt down quietly in front of him. He held his knees to his chest, with his arms wrapped tightly around them and his forehead resting against his knees. I decided it was a good idea to try not and touch him again, seeing as how he reacted the last time. I wasn't sure why he reacted that way, but I could say one thing for certain, I was going to find out.

"Skylar?" I called quietly, and hesitantly once more. "Are you okay? Whats wrong?... It's okay, you can talk to me." But then I realized, no, he couldn't talk to me, so I pulled out my cell phone and brought up my notepad.

"Here, you can type out what you want to say on here." I suggested as I extended my hand towards him as an offering.

For the first few minutes he didn't move a muscles. As the awkward silence started to become a little too awkward and I was about to pull my hand back, he reached out slowly. He never lifted his head, only placed his hand in front of me with his palm faced upward. I placed the phone softly in his hand and watch his small fingers curl around it hesitantly. He pulled the phone close and lifted his head up, just a little bit. He still refused to make eye contact but at least he was trying.

After a few minutes of silence, he passed the phone back to me slowly. I took it from his grasp, careful not to touch his hand and startle him again. I brought it closer and read what he had typed.

I'm sorry... You surprised me and I don't usually like it when people touch me. But thank you for caring.

I looked up from my phone and said softly, "It's alright, I'm sorry for touching you, I just didn't know. I'll be more careful now, I promise."

I stood up and almost offered him a hand before stopping myself from making another foolish mistake. I leaned against the worn down brick wall beside me and waited for Skylar. I watched as he slowly put himself together and used the wall as leverage to stand up as well. Once we were both standing, me with my arms folded and Sky with his hands in his pockets and head down, hidden from the world. I started walking towards where my truck was parked in the lot, glancing over my shoulder quickly to make sure Sky was following me, which he was. We made it to the truck and walked over to the passenger door. I opened the door and waited for him to get comfortable and settled in the seat. Once he was, I closed the door softly and walked to the drivers side. I hopped in and started the engine, getting ready to go, before I realized I had no idea where Skylar lived.