Ch.1

Cover by: princekths

"Hey, do you know who Min Yoongi is, by any chance?" Namjoon mumbles, flipping through his psychology textbook and Jimin freezes.

The latter leans forward and presses himself against Namjoon, shaking his head. "No, don't say his name out loud..." Jimin hisses, and Namjoon just stares at him oddly. "Min Yoongi is a really scary senior... he hates me. I'm convinced that he hates me."

"Why would he hate you?" Namjoon asks slowly, trying to catch Jimin's words hidden behind his whisper, attempting to shake off Jimin's clammy hands from his sleeves.

Jimin shakes his head solemnly, faking a sob. "He's just mean... he's so mean... every time I try to greet him, he just ignores me... he knocked my books out of my hands one day... even though that was an accident... And he helped me pick them up afterwards..."

Namjoon rolls his eyes and pushes Jimin backwards a little, returning his attention back to his psychology textbook. "I'm sure he doesn't hate you, especially if he doesn't really have a reason to."

Jimin tips his chair back slightly, resting his knees against the edge of his table. "Maybe..." he hums, "in our past lives, we were enemies. Maybe in our past lives, I killed him or something and now he's back for revenge in this lifetime."

Namjoon snorts up his chewing gum by accident, and chokes as the teacher finally walks into the classroom. The door slams open loud enough to surprise Jimin, and the boy's chair goes falling backwards entirely, his back meeting with the desk behind him. He reaches out on instinct and grabs onto what ever he can, and unfortunately, Namjoon was closest. Both Namjoon and Jimin go sprawling to the ground with a noisy thud, and the students filing into the room pause in their tracks to stare at them.

Jimin sticks a thumb in the air and sits up, patting Namjoon's back as the boy finally dislodges the sticky chewing gum from his airways, his eyes teary with exerted effort. Jimin thinks about smiling so that his teacher will let him off the hook this time, until he notices a familiar face staring strangely at him from the doorway.

Yoongi's just watching him, watching Namjoon, a hand frozen on his bag strap. Jimin falters and just withers back down onto the ground, pouting at Namjoon.

"Scary senior just walked in for some reason," he mumbles, and Namjoon slowly clambers to his feet as the class returns to normal, the other students snickering as they find their seats, patting Namjoon's back on their way up. Namjoon just nods in embarrassment at them, and coughs into a sleeve, fixing his hair.

The teacher calls attention from the front as a bunch of seniors stay standing in the doorway, each student looking completely unfazed at the previous display of idiocy, courtesy of Jimin and his good friend, Namjoon.

"This year's junior camp has been decided upon, and it's been revealed that you'll be pairing up with a senior for your assignments. The camps have been combined, so be on your best behaviour. All of your names are written on tiny slips of paper in this hat." The teacher raises a felt fedora, and Jimin scrunches up his nose in distaste. The teacher shakes the hat slightly, and continues on to say "the seniors will blindly choose a paper slip, and that will determine the pairings."

Yoongi's the first senior to make his choice, and while Namjoon's trying not to wheeze over his now dry and scratchy throat, Jimin's mentally crying in his seat. He's lodged both rows of teeth into one finger, and he's praying to all the Gods in possible existence that Yoongi will not choose his name.

"Park Jimin," Yoongi drawls out, and he looks straight over at Jimin's shockingly bright orange hair. The latter withers, his eyes shutting as he presses his face against his palms.

"Good luck kid," Namjoon snickers.