Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Mai Taniyama, and this is my story about me and Naru or Kazuya Shibuya. I came up with Naru when I first met him how I came up with it? easy he's a narcissist. Things have started to get boring around SPR... Naru declined two other cases... Telling the clients it was just kids having fun. 

I really hope he's correct about those cases. I heard the bell of the front door echo through the building I got up from the couch and walked to the door, I greeted the man standing in front of me, we introduced ourselves to each other and walked to the conference room.

"Mr.Ohashi, please make yourself comfortable while I go get my boss and his assistant." I walked out of the room and to the office area, knocking on the wooden door that led to Naru's office space, I waited.

"Come in..." I opened the door slowly and walked in.

"Naru, Lin, Mr.Ohashi is here to see you." They nodded and gathered a few things before walking out, I followed behind them and sat down in a chair near them. After Mr. Ohashi told us his case Naru accepted it and then ordered me to get him his precious tea that he'll die without... I boiled the walked waiting for the loud squeal of it to fill the silent room. I pulled it off the burner and poured two cups of it, grabbing some tea bags and let them seep into the water, I added sugar and cream walking back to the room. I handed out the tea to them and bowed.

"I'll be heading home now Naru, Lin, have a nice night you too." Naru nodded and Lin gave me a small nod as well. I grabbed my stuff and pulled my coat on, I walked down the streets of Shibuya and walked into a graveyard, not bothering to look if anyone followed me.

^^^^^^^NARU'S POV^^^^^^^

After Mai left for the day Lin and I followed her to the....graveyard? Why was she here? Once she got up to three gravestones she lost it she fell to her knees and cried. I watched silently, my mind filling with thoughts that I found absurd. 'I want to hug here... I want to comfort her and tell her everything was okay...' Why... I would never know... Lin had a small smirk on his face as he stared at me. I walked over to Mai and stopped as I stood behind her I slowly and hesitantly wrapped my arms around her neck loosely and held her to my chest awkwardly.

After a few minutes, my head moved slightly to look at the name embedded on the stone, my eyes widened slightly as I looked at the named, scanning them twice to make sure I wasn't seeing anything.

"Mai... How did they die?" I was slightly surprised when I looked at the names. All three of them were well-known physics, I felt her tense in my arms, her breath slowly leaving her lips, it creates a small mist in the air of white. I looked down at the girl in my arms.

^^^^^^MAI'S POV^^^^^^

Naru's questions repeated in my head as I unwrapped myself from his arms slowly, Lin came out soon after, he walked over and crouched down next to us.

"They were murdered..." I said slowly, Lin's eye scanned the graves and the names that were on them, his eye widened slightly and he looked back at me, my head ducked down, looking at my lap as I told the story about that night that I'll never forget...

"It was the last day of school... Summer had officially started... I walked home with a few of my friends, they lived farther down the street than me, I walked into my home and yelled out to my parents who I thought was home that I was out of school... I didn't hear a reply... I simply thought they had gone out on short notice and didn't tell me... I walked into my parent's room to grab something or another, I opened the door and saw my dad... Ryuu... Dead, on the ground with his own blood surrounding him... I backed out of the room slowly and ran out of the room looking for mum, I ran into the pantry door and heard something hit the door on the other side. I opened it thinking that my mum knew it was me... I was so wrong... I saw her hanging there upside down... Dead..." By this time tears were streaming down my face slowly as I continued, trying not to choke on my words as I did. "A note was stuck to the wall next to her, I picked it up and read it slowly, I read it twice to make sure I was reading it properly... I had hoped I wasn't... My sister, Yuuki, was in the pond... Attached to the note was a picture of her in a large black bag... with bruises and knife marks on her body... Part of the note said 'You had better hurry and take a swim... She'll die soon...' I threw the note at the wall and ran out of the house... Part of me knew she was already gone... I could feel it... That feeling was right... By the time the cops had shown up and found me next to the bag... She was already dead... They brought me to the hospital and took care of the scraps I got from jumping it the water... The house was cleaned out and wasn't sold... One of my teachers took me in... I was grateful... Still am... She cared for me until I got an apartment... Then you guys found me..." I finished the last sentence choking up a bit on my tears, I closed my eyes tightly and looked over at the graves.

'Here lies Sakura Taniyama, a loving mother, and wife.'

'Here lies Ryuu Taniyama, a dearly missed father and a loving husband.'

'Here lies Yuuki Taniyama, a deeply missed sister.' I read them in my head I blinked the tears away as I felt hands on my shoulders slowly wrapping around my back and pulling me forward, my eye widened and looked up to the familiar sent of tea. I hugged him tightly and closed my eyes tightly.

~Authors Note~

Alright! Soo, yea... I said I was rewriting! I hope this is better than before! I really hope you guys liked this rewritten chapter! I'm going to also be publishing the next chapter, I hope while I'm fixing them up I can also not rush it... Like it did... They became a couple within the first three chapters... Too fast, too fast... Love you guys! Hope you enjoyed! See'ya in the next chapter!

<3 Lucy~