Chapter 22: Hollywood North. First Experience

In the make up tailor, Jared introduced me to the artists that would get him into character. They were very nice, actually from the Toronto area, hired for the movie. They knew about the rescue work. We talked casually as they applied the white face makeup. After finishing, he was given clothes to change into. When he came back out, he was dressed in a red button down shirt, silver jacket and black pants. If not for the green hair and white face, he'd be so gentlemanly dressed.
"Well. You look kinda scary." I nodded.
"That's what we're going for. Don't worry. I'll wash it off before we go. Ready to go meet some people?" He slipped a hoodie on. "Oh. This is just in case. Don't want pictures out too soon."
"Of course. Spoil the surprise. Yeah okay, guess I'm ready."
"Don't worry. All of this will heal. It just proves how you stand up for what you believe. If you want, I can ask the girls to put you in zombie make up." He joked.
I shoved him. "Don't be an ass."
"Come on beautiful." He led me back outside.
A shuttle bus was eating to take everyone involved to the location. There was film crew, assistants and set designers. The scene was set outside no the street. It would be as if people were waiting to get into a club. The character, a woman, would confront Jared's Joker. Jared held my hand as we walked toward the crowd of extras and cameras. I felt hesitant and I knew that he could sense it.
"You nervous?" He asked looking over.
"How can you tell?" I sighed.
"I told you. No one's going to care."
I stopped. "Can't I just wait for you somewhere?"
Jared faced me. "Please stay. It really won't take long. After I'll take you home, or back to the hotel, and we can discuss you going back to work."
"Oh I'm going back. I already told you." I nodded.
"Then you can convince me that I don't have to worry about you." He gave me a silly look, made even stranger because of the makeup.
"That really is a terrifying look." I reached up to trace his lips.
"I love you." He smiled.
There were a smaller group of five people standing near a shiny purple car: two women and three men (one was David).
"Hey all. Are we set?" Jared said loudly.
They turned to look.
"Just waiting for you." David replied.
"Is this her?" One of the women, tall and blond, smiled wide..
"This is Lisa. Lisa, Margot Robbie. She'll be in the scene with me." Jared introduced.
"Hi. Nice to meet you." I reached out my hand.
To my surprise, she walked over and out her arms around me. The hug was nice.
"You are the most amazing person. What you do is so great." She spoke with an Australian accent.
"Thank you. It's what I love to do." I replied, letting myself relax.
Stepping back, Margot nodded. "You know that he's gonna turn right?"
I thought about how Jared got into his characters. Surely he would become The Joker until the movie was finished.
"I do. Glad that I met him before he did." I shrugged.
"Cool. You gonna watch?"
"For a bit. Then I have to make him let me go back to work."
"I'll bet you have no trouble with that." She was being flirty.
I laughed.
"Let's get going people!" David shouted to everyone.
I turned to Jared. "See you later."
"I'll be back soon." He raised his non existent eyebrows (they shaved them off before putting on the makeup).
"Don't say soon, that means so many things." I shook my head at him.
"Okay. Later." He gave me a quick kiss and walked over to take his mark.
The scene was The Joker driving to the club, getting out of the car and Margot's character of Dr. Harleen Quinzel (aka Harley Quinn) confronting him about something that happened between them. I had no problem watching until she pulled out a gun and pointed it at Jared's face. Although he was in no danger, my memory flashed to the dog fight. The look on my brother's face, the dog attacking and the gun shot.
"Lisa? Are you okay?" Rhonda, a pretty dark haired woman, production assistant, asked quietly.
"Tell Jared I went to get a cup of tea." I walked away quickly.
"Alright."
I had to get away and put the thoughts out of my head.