Chapter 28: A Joker's Reward

Could it have taken any longer to got to the right floor? The doors opened and I nearly ran down the hall. Once inside Jared's room, I almost slammed the door behind me. He was sitting in the big chair by the sofa leaning forward as he looked over at me. Still in his movie make up, the white face, and crazy tattoos that covered hi made it hard to calm myself. Jared stood up. His eyes full of worry.
"Are you alright?"
"Me?! What did you think you were doing? You could've been hurt!" I didn't know what emotion I was feeling, scared or angry.
"I came back as soon as I could. I wanted to be sure everything was okay wth you. I called your work number and talked to Pam. She told me about the phone calls. I didn't want you to be alone for too long."
"And to come back looking like that?"
"Looking like this helped distract him."
"Jared, you're playing a character! You aren't him!"
"But..."
"I'm tired. I'm going to clean up and go to bed. Here." I dropped the food on the small table. "I bought something to eat."
I walked passed, to the bathroom, where I washed my face, cooled down and didn't get into the pyjamas I'd brought. Going to bed in my bra and panties, I slipped under the blankets, ready to sleep.
"I would risk anything to keep you safe." Jared's voice was slow and rough.
"And I don't want you to feel you need to. You're too important." I sighed deeply.
"Fuck all that. I grew up and thought that id be a drug dealer. I know what violence can be like and I can deal with that. Fame doesn't mean I can't protect the people I love. Right now I'd do anything to make sure I'd protect you, even beat someone within an inch of their life."
"Don't say that." I turned to face him. "I would never want anyone to get into that much trouble for me. Especially you. You mean more to than anything ever. And I never believed that I'd feel that way for anyone. I don't want to imagine my life without you in it."
The look in Jared's eyes got brighter. His mouth turned up into a mischievous smile. "Get out of bed."
"Jared..."
"Get up and come over to me."
There was something in his voice that made it impossible to refuse. Taking a deep breath, I threw off the blankets, placed my feet down and walked over. Jared reached for my hand, pulling me close, when I placed mine into it, and moved toward the window. He turned me so I faced the large piece of glass, his right hand on my stomach, holding me against his chest. I felt his breath on my ear.
"It's said, in some cultures, that you're mine forever because I probably save your life. I want to make sure that you understand what that entails." His voice was low, but sharp.
"I want you in my life." I was truthful.
"Forever mine."
His lips touched my skin, firmly at my neck. It seemed to burn. His hands were at my sides, holding so tights could feel his fingertips gripping.
"Jared." I gasped.
"I'm not asking permission but you won't refuse me."
I should have felt fear, only I really wanted to see how far he would take this.
"Tell me that you want me." He ordered in that voice.
"Jared. You're making me...."
"What? Scared? No reason to be scared. Just let go of it all."
Strong hands held my hips so tight. I could feel the excited state he was in. I wanted to let him control everything I knew would happen. The long sigh that escaped from me gave Jared all he needed. Moving forward, we bent at our hips, Jared's warms skin was a drug. My head swam with feelings. He pulled the bra straps off my shoulder, unfastened it and let it fall to the floor. Fingers moved over my soft flesh, both firm and tender. I placed my hands over his as they reached my breasts. Jared started placing kisses on the back of my neck aggressively. His lips, tongue and teeth were more exciting than I thought they could be. His hand moved between our bodies, up my legs and over the silk panties. Jared's fingertips ran over my wet core and I felt electricity.
"Oh my god."
"The ride's not over yet." He pulled off my final piece of clothing, then it was his turn.
I don't even think his pants came off, just the waist loosened and the zipper pulled down. That pleasurable pain filled me like never before. Before anything else, Jared stood me up against the cool glass of the window.
"This was the world know that you're mine." He whispered into my ear.
"And you're mine." I tried to move my hips.
"Do,you want me?"
"Oh yes. At least through New York."
A small laugh came from behind me. "New York is another beginning."
And that was it. No more talking. Jared's movements became hard and fast, slowing just before either of us could be relieved. Over and over, he seemed to know when to let things calm before going stronger and faster. My toes barely touched the floor, as each push of Jared's hope moved me further up the window. The convulsions began and I pushed back strongly, almost knocking Jared off balance. He held me tight, sat back on the floor, pulled me back to his chest and lunged one final time. My satisfied scream mixed with the animalistic grunts Jared made. We both collapsed back, and Jared's arms wrapped around me. His chest raised and lowered with his quick breaths. I felt my heart pounding through my own. My head turned so I could look as his tired face, I kissed his chin softly, he smile.
"Are you okay?" He sighed.
"Mm yeah." I held his arms.
"I should go,have a shower. Wash away my evil ego."
"Well, don't wash him completely away."
"Oh really. Have you changed you mind about bringing my work home?"
"Maybe not everyday, but it's a nice surprise sometimes."
"Want to join me? Get all the ink off?"
"Do you trust me to behave?"
"I hope not."
We shared the laugh before getting up and walking to the bathroom to share the hot, soapy shower.