08

Apprehensive 

"Zayn what's all this mess?" Liam asks Zayn while coming down the stairs. Liam looked around the room seeing broken bottles and empty bottles on the ground. He looks at the couch and sees Zayn sleeping on the couch. "Zayn?" Liam walks over the couch watching his step so he wouldn't step on any glass. He woke up confused on to why Zayn wasn't next to him again and why did he have a killer headache.  "Zayn? Wake up." He slowly strokes his cheek. 

Zayn nudges his head closer to Liam's hand. Liam awes under his breath. Zayn opens his eyes slowly and focuses in on the person in front of him. "Liam?" Zayn asks in a husky voice. "We need to talk," Zayn sighs out ready to get this over with.

"When did you begin to drink Zayn?" Liam ask thinking that that's what Zayn wanted to discuss. He sits by Zayn's feet. He looks at Zayn who was looking at Liam with shocked eyes. 

"Liam I didn't do this mess. I don't even drink." Zayn sits up and looks at Liam. "Liam...you did this." Liam looks at Zayn with confused eyes. 

"Zayn I don't go throwing bottles everywhere." Zayn looks down and sighs. His hands begin to get sweaty and clampy. He knew Liam. He knew Liam would feel guilty every day. He knew because of that small issue Zayn may never marry the love of his life. Zayn wouldn't know what he would if the chance of marrying the love of his life will slip away.

"It's because I have been cleaning up your mess. I drag you to bed in the early morning before you wake. I am the one who puts pain killers on the bed stand with a cup of water. I'm the one who cries at night wishing that the love of my life will come back to me. That I don't have to fear about being beaten every night." Zayn slowly looks up with tears falling freely down his cheeks. Liam leans in wiping his tears before pulling back. 

Liam stands up slowly grabbing on to his hair. "I don't understand. Are you saying that I abuse you at night? That I don't even sleep in my own bed beside you?" Zayn nods his head searching Liam's eyes to see all the emotions passing through them. "I want to believe you but I c-can't" Zayn sighs not expecting anything else.

"If you don't believe me then ask the neighbor outside what happened last night. Liam you walked out the flat and started banging on Jordan's door." Zayn got up forgetting that there was broken glass everywhere. 

Liam searches Zayn's eyes looking for anything to tell him he's lying. All he sees is sincerity. "Have...h-have I ever la-aid a hand on you?" Liam asks scared to know the answer. He wouldn't know what to do if he did. His guilt will eat him alive. He could feel the pain crawling up. He could physically feel his heart breaking into pieces. He didn't know if he could live with himself knowing that he hurt Zayn. They weren't even married yet.

Zayn didn't know how to answer. So he answered as best as he could. "It's complicated Liam. You only ever truly laid your hand on me yesterday. You almost hit me Liam. It broke my heart. Never did I think I would be fearing every night that the man who I love would one day cause bruises among my skin." Zayn sits down trying to control his tears. "You do awful things Liam. You call me a f-faggot and make me fall off ladders. You always suggest that I'm cheating on you and that you wouldn't love a faggot. Y-you always come after me Liam. Like you just itch to hurt me." Zayn couldn't take it any longer. He began to cry and he covered his face. Everything hit him when he spoke those words. He shouldn't have waited to let Liam know. Liam needs to understand what goes on late at night. He needs to know the pain he is and was causing to Zayn. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Liam asks in a whisper. He was disgusted with himself not wanting to believe what was being said. He even pinched himself to see if this was one small nightmare. That he will wake up and Zayn will be sleeping next to him in their bed. Liam wishes that Zayn was playing a prank on him. He knew he wasn't. He knew that something was off every time he woke up with a bad back and why craved for his love more than usual. He noticed the scars on his knuckles. He wishes he could remember what all he did. If the roles were reverse he would have been truly hurt.

"I was scared Liam. I was scared to know if you would leave me because everything I told you would think I was making up. I was just scared that you would leave me Liam." Zayn turns to look at Liam. Liam was looking at the TV processing things. Zayn had hope in his eyes. Liam's eyes held no emotion. Zayn was begging for Liam to say something. Liam stayed silent. Zayn began to reach for Liam's hand but Liam begins to speak.

"I have to get some fresh air." Liam gets up and goes upstairs. He comes back with a white tee on and great sweatpants. Zayn's eyes were beginning to water again. "Zayn." Liam looks over at Zayn and he wets his lips before speaking again. "Just remember there is too much history for there not be love." Liam walks out of the door with his car keys in hand. Zayn lays back down curling into a ball. He cried himself to sleep.