thirty five

a/n; the italics are a figment of michael's imagination, just what would have happened if michael didn't get the job at flyer's. i thought it would be an interesting little twist, but remember that none of the italics never happened :-)

--

michael woke up with his face pressed up against luke's clothed side and strong arms wrapped tightly around him. he smiled to himself before carefully edging away from luke's side to study the blonde beauty's face instead.

luke looked so peaceful with his features relaxed and his blue eyes shut. michael could just study his boyfriend for hours and never get sick of looking at his memorising features, even with the blue and purple marks covering his fair skin. the black haired boy gently allowed his thumb to skid against luke's black lip ring, enjoying the way the cool metal felt against his hot finger.

at the feeling of michael's skin brushing against his own, luke's nose scrunched slightly and he began to stir. michael ran his fingers across the bruises on luke's face softly as the blonde's body moved around, an indication that he would wake up sooner than later. michael held in a small giggle and continued to run his fingers over the bruised surface, careful as to not irritate the spot.

"g'morning, beautiful," luke murmured huskily, his eyes still closed as he brought his hand up to peel michael's hand away from his face so that he could hold michael's hand instead. the shorter of the two gave luke's hand a small squeeze and let his head rest back on the pillow, feeling luke's other arm secure itself around michael's torso.

"g-good morning," michael replied sleepily, pressing a lazy kiss to luke's bicep after he spoke, and then he added slowly, "r-ready for our little sc-scandal?"

"of course, gossip girl," luke said sarcastically, using the name because michael had said scandal, "i've never been more prepared. we should get dinner when you're done, kind of like a date, since i don't really think we've ever had an official date."

"th-that sounds p-perfect," michael blushed as luke held up their joined hands close to his face so that he could land a neat kiss on the back of michael's hand.

"not as perfect as you are, my beautiful baby," luke murmured, glancing swiftly at the time before he struggled to sit up, pulling michael up with him, "let's get dressed, and we can get going, yeah?"

"yeah," michael whispered back before he leaned in to attach their lips once more to get another taste of heaven. luke mumbled something about morning breath before he deepened the kiss between them by cupping both sides of michael's face and brushing away some stray strands of black hair.

once they pulled away from their kiss and gradually got out of bed, luke picked out michael's outfit; a simple grey sweater with some black leggings to match and he said that it would be perfect for their date tonight.

michael got dressed into the sweater and leggings delicately, not minding that luke was in the room since the blonde had already seen every inch of michael. this made michael curious, because he would never want to change in front of brooks. most likely because brooks had always been silently judgemental, just like his parents.

"i-i love you," michael whispered as the two walked out of luke's bedroom, gripping onto luke's hand. now that their teeth were brushed and they didn't have to worry about morning breath, luke bent down to attach their lips, gently pushing michael up against the wall behind him and letting his hands skim across michael's ass.