twenty four

a/n ive reread this chapter so many times i love it so much :')

--

l u k e

the only thing that was running through luke's mind the entire night was michael, michael, michael, michael.

michael's bright smile that could light up the whole room, michael's adorable little pout when he didn't get something that he desperately wanted, michael's shining meadowy green eyes that zeroed in on anything and took notice of everything, michael's ability to blush really easily when brooks would place his hand on his upper thigh which would show off his rosy cheeks.

luke fucked things up and had no idea what to do. arzaylea wouldn't leave his side all night and she was planning on forcing luke in giving her a ride home. luke was getting tired of her attempts to get luke's attention on her whenever he'd zone out on michael.

"fucking pay attention to me, luke," arzaylea pouted, but her pout looked like shit compared to michael's. "you take me here and then don't even give me any attention. you'd better make up for it tonight, you little shithead."

"sorry, i'm just not into this whole thing between us," luke automatically said with his blue eyes still watching michael. the black haired boy was downing the last sip of his water, but he seemed kind of woozy which made luke on edge.

"can we at least dance, then?" she asked, her brown eyes widening with innocence as she finally got luke to turn his head toward her. luke sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with his unoccupied hand, not really knowing how to politely say that he didn't want to dance with her.

"i guess so," luke sighed, taking a gulp of his almost empty alcoholic beverage before arzaylea was tugging him to his feet. of course she had to pick the spot where they were only feet away from where michael and brooks were dancing along to the music, and luke couldn't keep his eyes off the way the shorter boy was dancing almost drunkenly.

"is it just me, or does michael seem drunk to you?" luke asked, his blue eyes raking michael's body up and down. brooks kept trying to place his hand on michael's waist to pull the shorter boy closer to him, but michael kept protesting and breaking off the grip.

"yeah, he's shitfaced," arzaylea chuckled, running her fingers through her dark hair, "i caught him ordering a white whiskey that looks a lot like water. he thought he was being sly, but i caught him."

"you didn't do anything to stop him?" luke questioned, giving arzaylea a bewildered look, "you were there when brooks said that he had an alcohol problem. you couldn't fucking stop him from drinking it?"

"i felt bad for him," the tan girl shrugged, still moving her body to the beat of the music carelessly, "he needed a drink, and i wasn't one to stop him from it. he even begged me to spike his drink so he could forget about everything. he's not gonna remember a thing in the morning."

"way to go, arzaylea," luke mumbled, taking some steps away from the tan girl before he went to the bar, taking one of the only available seats there. arzaylea didn't let the action get to her and instead began to dance with one of the guys beside her, a boy luke didn't recognise. then again, he didn't care who the fuck she danced with, as long as it wasn't luke.

luke was turning to the bartender to ask for another drink when he saw someone plop down in the seat next to him out of his peripheral vision. he paused and then turned toward the person, pressing his lips together when he saw that it was a certain black haired drunken boy.