seven

s e v e n ; registration

Kitana sat next to Ethan in his living room with Sarah and Benny sitting across from them. Ethan was the one to bring up the suggestion that they get her registered not only to prevent her being bored out of her mind at the house all day, but she could be kept in the loop if anything ever happens when they're in school. Sarah also needs help in making sure that Erica isn't out for a plan to get her fangs into anyone's neck for their blood.

"Okay, so how is this supposed to work?" Kitana asked, wondering how the whole registration process works. The entire idea of going to school didn't exactly excite her, even when she had to go through the building the other day to contribute in saving the student body.

"I don't think my parents would want to agree with this, using our address for Kitana to get signed up," Ethan told them. It would've been a difficult persuasion for him to make with his parents for them to enlist on the papers their own address on Kitana's records. Not only that but he was lucky that they're not bothered that she's a guest in their home. "It's enough that she's staying with us."

"Okay, what if--" Sarah started, and the rest leaned in close to listen to whatever suggestion she was thinking of. She stopped, slumping down in her seat when she changed her mind and thought her idea was pointless. "Yeah, no, I got nothing," she sighed.

The others slouched in their places, letting out exhales as they tried to think of something that may work to get Kitana registered. Ethan was thinking about maybe using Rory's address, but no doubt that would involve answering a bunch of his endless questions.

Benny sat up straight with his eyes widened when the perfect solution came to mind. "I got it!" he cheered, pulling out his phone.

"Well, hello, explain," Kitana waited, holding out her hands in exasperation of waiting for an explanation.

Benny didn't answer her, just held his phone against his ear as he hear the tone of the dial ringing. He tapped his foot on the floor, waiting for the phone to be picked up. Right when he heard the click of the call being picked up, he didn't wait for a second to start speaking or being greeted. "Grandma," he exclaimed, and saw the exchanged glances between Ethan, Kitana, and Sarah. "Can you come over to Ethan's, please? We need a huge favor."

Kitana looked at the other two with a questioning look, wondering if Benny's so-called plan/solution would be successful. She breathed out, crossing her right leg over her left and leaned back in her spot.

When Benny hang up the phone, Ethan was the one to first ask the question that Kitana had in her mind. "Are you sure she'll agree to this?"

"Well, I guess we'll find out soon," Benny answered with a shrug.

▲ ▽ ▲ ▽ ▲ ▽

After a while of pleading and telling Grandma Weir that it was the only way to get Kitana registered into the school, she finally agreed. Which is why Kitana was in the car with Grandma Weir, Benny, Ethan, and Sarah on their way to the school. Ethan and Sarah simply wanted to go for moral support and would be waiting in the car for them to return from the building.