before

~ ~ ~ ~

note; this fight between Kitana and Scorpion is kind of how it is in the Test Your Luck play in Mortal Kombat. and I'm not really goof at writing fighting scenes 

~ ~ ~ ~

b e f o r e ;  portal

Kitana made her way across the sand of the marketplace to Scorpion. She held her head up high as she walked her way to her opponent, calculating in her mind what his immediate moves might be if he goes in the attack first, and bending her fingers slightly, itching to just pull out her fans already and throw them at the ninja dressed in yellow.

"Scorpion..." her voice trailed off in the greeting, halting to a stop and tilting her head in a salute.

"Out of my way, Edenian!" Scorpion pointed his finger at her, stopping as he glared at her.

"My blades will soften your tone," Kitana said calmly, and that was when Scorpion ran in for an attack.

The warrior princess ducked when Scorpion threw a punch at her, gracefully swiping her right foot under him, making him fall back to the ground. Large bubbles float across the area, the two of them not being able to turn around to see if a bubble would be coming to them.

Kitana held in the smirk to herself as she saw a huge bubble coming in from behind Scorpion, bellowing out a laugh as she saw the bubble get to him, trapping him inside it. She jumped up in the air, hitting the bubble so that it popped, and punched the ninja down.

Scorpion growled angrily under the yellow mask that covered his mouth, uppercutting the princess and being satisfied when she cried out. He knew what his next move would be, and he was positive Kitana wouldn't be quick enough for it. The second she went in for a grab, he teleported over to be behind her, and saw as one huge bubble got to her.

A portal opened from the ground, Scorpion stepping into it before he was able to see that it came under him. He fell in, one second later falling out of the same portal but opened from up above. Scorpion landed on the dirt bringing his legs up so that he can stand back up and throwing punches at her face, kneeing her in the stomach, and flipping her over his shoulder.

"You fight just like your sister!" he taunted, knowing that she would get mad, if she showed it or not.

There was no way that anybody should be comparing her as the same as her sister, Mileena. She didn't like her, point blank period and it riled her up if anyone would say they were alike in anything. Because she didn't find it to be true.

Kitana's blood boiled up, her breathing starting to get heavy but trying not to give him the satisfaction. If she got too angry then she might get in over her head and do something stupid like getting her ass beat by him.

The warrior princess stood up as Scorpion tried to run in for another swing, but she pulled out her fans. The blades Kitana had on the fans slashed the ninja as she swiped one of the fans across his chest, deeply and repeatedly.

Scorpion grunted in pain as he felt the knives being dragged across what he had on and going through to his skin. He was lifted up and thrown back by the princess, landing on a wooden barrel. Kitana stalked toward him, having her fans on her sides with the murderous look deep in her eyes. She didn't realize there was a portal opening from the ground, this time she was going to go through it.

She fell through the portal before she could blink, cursing to herself that she should never have let her guard down in a fight ever again. When she fell out of the portal that opened from above, she didn't fall back to the sand of the marketplace. She landed on grass.

She sat up, looking at her surroundings that included green grass, tall trees in front of houses, cars, stop sign at an end of a street. Her eyed landed to her arms, seeing how they really looked, and down to the rest of her body as she was sitting.

"What the--?" she mumbled to herself, confusion filling inside her. The princess still had what she had on, and her knife-fans by her side as they were on the grass she was sitting on. She could feel a breeze hitting her, and felt it to her neck, knowing that her hair was up just as it was a minute ago.

But, this place - wherever Kitana was - definitely wasn't the marketplace she was just at. Scorpion wasn't anywhere near. It wasn't somewhere she could possibly know where it was, or what she was doing there. She might have fell through a portal, but she should've fallen back to the dirt. Kitana would've expected to be punched or kicked by Scorpion when she would've fell back out the portal, not land on grass in God knows where.

"Where the hell am I?" she wondered out loud as she didn't move from her spot on the grass.

~ ~ ~

So like I already mentioned in the beginning, the first part -- Kitana and Scorpion fighting -- was basically how it is in the Test Your Luck play in Mortal Kombat, which I kinda got inspired when I was playing. And yes that can happen in the Test Your Luck play like with the bubbles and all that jazz.

Kitana has landed her way into Whitechapel, dun dun dun. And most likely the first chapter will be her meeting the others, but first it just includes Ethan and Benny.

vote, comment, and can anybody hire someone to tell my teachers to chill out with all this online work for the love of all that is holy.

- amanda xx