two

t w o ; stab request

Kitana was lying on her back on Ethan's bed, staring up at the ceiling when he got up from his desk chair and started talking. "I'll be back, I have to...help with something, I guess," Ethan informed her, looking for the right word that he should be using. He shoved his hands in his pockets, his teeth grazing his bottom lip. "Make yourself at home."

"You already said that earlier," Kitana reminded him as she turned her head to look at the standing boy. Her eyebrows rose in amusement of the awkward boy repeating what he already offered when she stepped foot in the room in the first place.

Ethan opened his mouth to argue against her claim, but closed it once he realised he really had said that to her already. He cleared his throat, gesturing to her lying comfortably on the bed as he said, "And you're following it." A nervous chuckle came out of him and he pointed to the door. "I'll be back."

He didn't wait for her to give a response, he turned around and walked out of the bedroom and out of the house. Kitana hummed to herself, thinking, such an awkward boy.

The warrior princess continued to look up at the ceiling above her, sighing. She brought her feet up to the mattress below her, her knees brought up as well. Kitana clicked her tongue as she ran the thoughts of today through her mind.

▲ ▽ ▲ ▽ ▲ ▽

The next morning Kitana woke up as she sat up on Ethan's bed (after a whole argument on who takes the bed and who takes the floor). Ethan got up from the floor, picking up the blanket and pillow he had used and setting them on the bed. He looked at Kitana as she stood up from the bed and starting to go to his closet. "I have other clothes you can change into if you, uh, want to change again," he told her, opening the closest door and looking at the dog that Benny had resurrected last night. "Hey, Puffles," he cooed.

Kitana stood behind Ethan as he had the closet opened and looked inside at the dog, Puffles. But the small dog growled lousy with his eyes glowing a crimson red, making Kitana widen her eyes. This isn't how dogs are, are they? she thought to herself.

Puffles got up from the small blanket and starting toward the two of them. Ethan exclaimed, shutting the door just in time before the dog slammed it's body against the door.

Puffles scratched from the other side of the door, and Ethan struggled keeping the door shut until Kitana put her back against it as well. "Puffles, stop ruining the door, please," Ethan mumbled under his breath.

Kitana gave him a sideways look, pushing her back harder to the door so that Puffles wouldn't be able to push open the closet door. She heard footsteps coming toward the bedroom, and looked over to see that it was the boy Ethan is friends with, Benny, with a lengthy box.

"Benny, thank God," Ethan sighed in relief.

"Aw, Puffles, calm down, buddy," Benny soothed as he gestured Ethan and Kitana to move away from the door. They obliged, Kitana opening the door and letting out Puffles. Ethan picked up Puffles - despite the growling and trying to bite his hand off - and struggled getting him into the box Benny had in his hands.

The red-eyed dog continued to thrash against Ethan's hold, preventing him from getting into the box. "Can I stab it?" Kitana hissed, hoping that her stab request would be accepted and she can stab this insane dog.

Ethan put Puffles into the box, leaving Benny to shut the flaps at the top of the box. "No, Kitana, you cannot," he exclaimed, answering the question she  asked. "This is my ticket to my true love!"

Ethan rolled his eyes at his best friend's ridiculous outburst of reasoning. He pressed his lips together as he looked toward Kitana and saw she was raising her eyebrows at the boy with an unimpressed look.

Kitana could feel eyes on her, and she looked over to see Ethan had been looking at her. He gave he a shrug and apologetic look. "Don't stab anyone or anything for that matter," he added.

Kitana pursed her lips, taking steps over to the boy so that they were face to face. She was slightly shorter, but it didn't make her any less intimidating. Benny widened his eyes at the sight of the two being up close in their personal places, keeping his grip on the box with a thrashing Puffles inside.

"Where's the fun in that?" Kitana asked, tilting her head as she looked at the boy.

Ethan's breath caught in his throat for a second, not knowing what words he would be able to get out. Kitana waited patiently for him to answer, not bothering to move out of his 'personal bubble' as their breaths mixed together. "Uh, w-well, you know," he stuttered. "You can when we, uh, let you."

Benny gaped at the words that came put of Ethan's mouth, but smirking in the inside that the beautiful Princess Kitana already is having an affect on him. But that didn't mean that they we're going to let her stab Puffles - well, Benny wouldn't. She better stay clear from Puffles, she won't ruin my chance at love!

Kitana stepped back from Ethan with a small satisfied smile that she got him to say hat she would be allowed to stab something when it was needed.

Ethan cleared his throat, scratching the back of his head. "Well, Benny and I gotta head to school," he said as he went to grab his backpack. "Make yourself at home!" he advised, for the third time, pushing Benny out the room with him so that they can leave.

"You already said that!" Kitana reminded him yet again. She breathed out a laugh, shaking her head as she thought, Definitely a strange one.

~ ~ ~
Okay, how does this even have over 200 reads??? What, no, that is not the sound of me yodeling. I don't know what you're talking about.

vote, comment, and have a great day!

- amanda xx