XIII

For a few moments, Aya just lay there. She stared at the opposing wall that housed the rack of weapons. She listened to the resounding silence as she thought. Everything seemed to freeze.

Suddenly the doors crashed open, flinging her back to reality. Noise erupted around her as the stormtroopers poured into the room. She was still staring at the wall when one of them crouched beside her. "Wow, Rulo. That was incredible!" A masked voice said from the helmet. "Nobody has beaten Lord Ren for years."

She frowned and faced him. "I didn't beat him, Slim. Otherwise I wouldn't be the one splayed out on the floor."

From beneath his helmet he rolled his eyes. "Sure you didn't." He stated before reaching out. She took his hand and was heaved upright. Only then did she notice the amount of stormtroopers stood about her.

"Were you all watching?" She asked, confused. A sea of nods came as her response.

"Are you okay, Miss?" One spoke from beside her. She nodded with a smile.

"Yes, thank you. Now you all better get going before someone finds you here. I'll see you all here tomorrow as per usual."

With distant murmurs they all began to file out of the room leaving Aya alone. She slowly picked up her sword and walked to the rack. Her mind was racing. She had placed Ren in a strange state of vulnerability. She confused him, as he liked her and trusted her. Sure enough at that moment Ren was busy slicing up the poor walls of his room in a fit of rage, rage against himself.

After sheathing the sword she turned to find a final stormtrooper stood tentatively by the door. "How may I help you Two-One?" She asked as she walked towards the exit.

"Do you think Lord Ren will allow you to continue after that, Miss?" He asked in response, concern lacing his tone.

Aya smirked. "Oh he will, don't you worry."

With that she walked out of the door. Sure enough, the next day, Aya's division of stormtroopers arrived with no problem.

Days passed with no sign of Kylo Ren, not even from the observation box. This didn't deter Aya from her self-appointed responsibilities and she took it upon herself to train the stormtroopers even more.

After one session, Aya walked into her room to find the same strange aura that someone had been in it during her absence. She had gotten used to this due to the service and maintenance droids visiting her room with food or to wash her clothes. However, this time it was different.

On the desk to the right, a circular black device sat, motionless. Upon further inspection it appeared to be a kind of communication device. Turning it around in her hands, Aya couldn't find out how to turn it on, a single button on the side proved little purpose. Giving up, she put it back down and got dressed.

Aya was mid-way through tidying her birds-nest hair when suddenly the device erupted into life. A red light turned on before it began to beep endlessly in a high-pitched tone. Within seconds she had sprinted across the room and held it in her hands. Without hesitating for a moment, she pressed the button. A crackling, mechanical voice sprung from the device. "Aya Cerrulo, please report to room one-seven-three at approximately nineteen hundred hours." 

She stared at it for a few seconds as it still crackled but no voice spoke. "Received and understood." She spoke into it using a term she would use at the rebel base. The crackling stopped. Aya had thirty minutes to find room 173 somewhere in this fortress of a ship.