-Victoria-

I'd woken up twice just to fall back asleep, reliving the same dream over and over..

The day of my ceremony. The red dress, the quiet murmurs of my classmates. The Reflection Pool, bright and shimmering. My best friend in the class, her long blonde hair falling over her face as she looked into the pool...her jumping up with excitement as she realized what was reflected in the water. Her favorite animal, a proud, dark wolverine. "Emery Devereaux, wolverine." The teacher announced.

Then they'd called my name. I looked down into the water, it's surface rippling from an unseen wind. Then the water stilled, and an image spun up from deep within the pool, becoming clearer as it ascended.

Then I was staring eye to eye with it. A dark brown bear, with rounded ears and a massive head. Her brown eyes shone with a clear fire, bright and burning, and she gave off the image of pure strength.

"Victoria Torian... grizzly." One of my teachers announced, and my classmates cheered.

I awoke suddenly, realizing I was crying. I brushed my hair back from my face, wiping my eyes and glancing around after my eyes adjusted to the dark. I saw Tate, curled up on his side like he normally slept, but no Sam. Shocked, I glanced frantically for Michael, my eyes racing to the higher ledge he normally slept on, only to find it empty as well.

Well, that's weird as hell.. I thought to myself, my worry fading. If something bad had happened, both of them would've fought hard enough to have woken the rest of us up. I guess they just got bored and went to do some night hunting.

I rolled back over, letting my hair fall in my face, and drifted silently back to sleep. Wherever Sam and Michael were, they were capable enough to take care of themselves.