-Victoria-

*flashback starts*

"VICTORIA EMBER-ROSE TORIAN! GET IN HERE THIS INSTANT!" Ignoring my mother's screams, I threw myself onto my bedroom floor, kicking and screaming. She ran into my room and snatched me onto my feet, and as I fought to get away from her I felt the fire start to dance around my fingertips. I looked down to see the sparks, glowing shades of red and orange, then looked back up and met my mother's gaze. "You're just like your grandmother," she spat, "that damned, wretched thing!" I locked eyes with her and let the sparks burn brighter, morphing into dancing flames. I grinned as she screamed again. My father ran into the room, yelling. "Angelique, what's wrong?" He took one look at me and sighed. "It seems my mother's curse didn't die with her.."

*End of flashback*

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and laughed to myself. I was ten the night my mother had sent me away in an attempt to save her social status because she didn't want all her country club friends knowing her daughter had the blood and talents of a legendary witch. She'd sent me to a special school for "kids like me."

I finished straightening my hair and smoothed the wrinkles in my knee length red dress. Today was a special day--it was the day of the Reflection Ceremony, where my eleven classmates and myself would find our spirit animal in the Reflection Pool.