-Sam-

"My love.. some people develop their talents over time. There are those that are born, and those that are taught their powers.. You, my daughter, were born with your elemental talents.. You've mastered the magical and elemental side of things.. now, it's time for you to receive your spirit animal. This is very important, because this will be the animal that will share their spirit and physical body with you for the rest of your life.." My mother's voice brushed upon my ears as she pressed the crystal against my forehead and told me to close my eyes. Within a few heartbeats, I found myself standing by a sparkling river. The crystal clear water danced off the rocks, singing it's way downstream through a misty pine forest. On the other side of the river stood an otter, a lion, a wolverine, a jackal, a panther, and a tiger. The tiger was the one that caught my eye-- it differed from the normal tiger in appearance; it's fur was a pale ginger color, stripes the color of golden honey. I was watching all of them, however, because I'd been told by my mother that the animal who chose me would walk over to me. After several moments, the wolverine started to move. My pulse picked up, the wolverine was an animal of great courage and strength...
The wolverine stepped one foot in the river, but it was cut short by a snarl from the tiger. She had risen to her paws, and twitched her tail tip until the wolverine moved back. Then the beautiful tigress crossed the river in one leap, walked over to me, and laid her feline head on my shoulder.