| The proposal |

Philophobia is fear of falling in love or emotional attachment. The risk is usually when a person has confronted any emotional turmoil relating to love in the past but also can be chronic phobia.

----------------------------------

"Hey! What's up?" I asked Jessica.

"Look we don't have time to exchange pleasantries, this is really important and you need to know immediately!" She rambled on.

"Jess-"

"No no listen if you won't know, you are going to have an anger attack so..." she continued ignoring me .

"Jessica!" I shouted at her shaking her shoulders. By the time we were in front of our lockers.

"Huh, what?" She asked in a daze.

"Come to the point. The news?" I asked her raising my eyebrows.

"Oh yeah about that you know that boy..." She started telling me in a hushed whisper but soon was cut off by her irritating boyfriend.

Well, irritating to me. Charming to her.

"Hey babe," Dean cooed at her, wrapping his hands around her waist.

Dean and Jess are dating from 2 years. They are "it" couple of school. How I happened to their friend?

I am asking the same question from years. Apparently we happen to be the middle class of school. Not too famous, nor too shy. We are acquaintances with almost everyone and we are known for getting good grades and boosting parties at same time.

I gagged as they started whispering sweet nothings to each other. Jess sent me a glare. I shrugged sheepishly. She should know that I can't understand or even stand seeing romance buds for too long.

"I forgot about your allergy El," Dean snickered

"Shut up fatso!" I scolded him.

"I am no longer fat, you dimwit." He frowned.

He hates when I call him that because once he used to be fat, like real fat, those kind of obese teen boys they show you on ads of slimming pills. But years have done him good. Yet, I can't let that name go. Where is fun in that?

"And I was never a dimwit." I narrowed my eyes at him.

We have this bro-sis kind of relationship where we banter continuously but help each other at same time. He would keep guys away from irritating me and I would help him every time he messes up with Jess and let me tell you, that's quite a lot.

"Yeah, you were not, but you are now," He chuckled.

"Dean, we were having a important conversation here I was telling her about what is going to happen in-" Jess finally decided to speak as she knows where our fatso-dimwit fight leads to.