Chapter 31: A Night of Neglect

Start from the beginning

Rachel catches up to Rose and attempts to persuade her to come back. Rachel finds her in Finn's truck and told her to open up since it was pouring rain outside, she finally does.

They discuss the way Rachel gets all the best solos, despite Rose' obviously equal talent. Rachel suggests that the reason is that there is nothing she personally will stop at to achieve stardom (which she admits isn't necessarily a good trait) but if Rose wants the spotlight, she needs to go in there and take it from Rachel.

After intermission everyone returns and Blaine makes a snide comment to Sandy "You're a really horrible person, you know that?" while Kurt nudges him back to their seats.

Sue pulls Sandy away during the intermission and gets angry at him for letting the Heckling Club leave while he was practicing catchphrases in the girls' bathroom.

Meanwhile Holly performs Adele's emotional hit Turning Tables as Will watches.

Back in the choir room Rachel said that she has tried everything to convince Rose but she just wouldn't come out. So Rachel told them that she has go warm up, since Rose didn't feel like singing.

Quinn: (gets up) Lauren you're her manager, why don't you do something
Lauren: I see my client Hudson-Hummel isn't picking up her phone
Finn: (holds it up) that's because I have it right here
Rose: (sighs and enter the choir room) I'm fine
Finn: wait shouldn't one of us be caring you in
Rose: oh right uh.., here you're keys (toss it to him)
Finn: (catches it) what the how did get my keys?
Rose: (shrugs shoulder) wasn't that hard
Finn: by the way you left your phone (holds it up)
Rose: (bites bottom lip and takes it from him) thanks
Finn: will talk about why you didn't take your phone with you later
Rose: can't wait *roll eyes* (to the glee club) I'm sorry for the way I acted to you guys. I was being selfish and only thinking of myself
Quinn: (smile) it's okay Rose
Rose: but I do have one more demand. I demand that all you get you're buts out their and watch me sing

They all smile and clapped for her and Finn kiss the top of her forehead and told her she was proud of her which made her smile.

At the auditorium Sam comes up to mic and says.

Sam: and now ladies and gentlemen Miss. Rose Hudson Hummel

The curtains open as Sam takes his seat next to Santana in the crowd and the music started playing and one of them said from the crowd.

???: oh dear god I love this song

Rose:
Ain't no way for me to love you,
if you won't let me.
It ain't no way for me to give you all you need,

Rose was singing this for Ryan because in her head she was singing to him because of how much she misses him and from their past relationship.

if you won't let me give all of me.
I know that a woman's duty is to help and love a man,
and that's the way it was planned.
Oh, but how can I, how can I, how can I
give you all the things I can,
if you're tying both of my hands?

Kurt gave her a smile from the crowd and she smiles as she sings.

Rose:
Oh, it ain't no way (ain't no way).
It ain't no way (ain't no way).
It just ain't no way, baby (ain't no way).
Ain't no way baby (ain't no way).
It ain't no way for me to love you,
if you won't let me.

Stop trying to be someone you're not.
How cold and cruel is a man
who pay too much for what he got?
And if you need me to love you, say, say you do.
Oh, then baby, baby, baby don't you know that
I need you.
Oh, Oh, it ain't no way.
I'll tell you that it ain't no way,
It ain't no way.
It ain't no way, baby, no.
It just ain't no way.
It sure ain't no way
It ain't no way for me to love you,
if you won't let me

Rose had tears in her eyes as she smiles when everyone clapped for her and hollered. She bowed with a smile before walking out stage over to Rachel and gave her a hug.

Rose: alright girl I did a closing number, go out now
Rachel: are you kidding me? Nobody could out that, the house has been brought down, that was the closing number

Rose smiles at Rachel and the two hug. And walk out to meet up with everybody.

After the show ends, Holly comes out of a janitor's closet (a.k.a. her office thanks to Figgins) and reveals to Will she got a 4 month job teaching French in Cleveland. When Will points out that this will be the end of their relationship, Holly reminds him of her commitment issues and tells Will about Emma. Holly has been counseling Emma and she still loves Will. Just before Holly leaves, she agrees to Will's request that one day she will be back with, "I thought you'd never ask."

When Will gets back to the choir room, New Directions is joined by Sandy who has decided to use his drug money to fund their trip to Nationals and the Brainiacs' trip.

Tina, Mike, Brittany, Artie cheered from their seats and thank Rose. She smile from her seat and Finn put his arm around her and kiss her on the cheek and told her again that she was proud of her making her smile go big.

Meanwhile, Sue calls the League of Doom together and deems them a failure. Sandy supported the benefit while Dustin wasn't the one to break up Holly and Will. Disappointed with the two men's efforts, Sue turns to "Honey Badger" saying that her time has come.

Finn and Kurt decide to take Rose to dinner tonight for her amazing job at the benefit with Quinn and Blaine and Sara. They all had good time and Rose was so happy that she was happy that her brothers were proud of her tonight.

At the Brainiacs' tournament, the scores are tied at 124, when the final questions come up. The category: Hermaphrodite Nazi Sympathizers. Artie and Brittany smile at each other - they have this in the bag.

Chapter End Notes:
So Mercedes is replace by Rose instead since this story is about Rose. The next episode is Born This Way another one of my favorite episode in season 2 :D Enjoy.