Chapter 5 - Oh and I'm stuck with a grumpy Lucas

Heya! Okay, time for Parker's intro. Parker is being played by Dave Franco. His bike and signature outfit are also in the picture!

EDITED

Chapter 5 - Oh and I'm stuck with a grumpy Lucas

"Wait, what?!" Lucy yelled and the car jerked to a halt.

"Well, yeah." I sighed.

"OH.MY.GOD. I SHIP YOU GUYS! What should I call you two?! Emcy? Luil?"

"Gosh, Lucy no! He's a total player. He never dates and plus I don't like him!"

"That's perfect! He is the bad boy and you are his nerd!" She squealed.

"Lucy, please just talk about something else." I said and she started driving.

"Okay then, why did you snap at Aaron and Ethan?" She asked suddenly serious.

"I don't know! I mean Aaron told you about what happened, right? I just acted on it! I'm done with people bossing on me."

"I get it, but you need to know that they care and want to protect you."

"It gets suffocating sometimes."

"You three have issues to sort out."

"Sure we do, but I need time."

"Sure, oh and by the way, the party is tomorrow!" Lucy cheered.

"God no." I groaned.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun!"

"Yeah, because getting drunk in an area filled with sweaty bodies sounds so much fun!" I said sarcastically.

"Whatever, I'm coming to your place to get you ready and now, bye your house is here." She said pushing me out of the car.

What a great friend. I got into my house only to be greeted by a sweet voice.

"So, you finally got yourself another friend?" My mom smiled.

"Yep"

My brother didn't tell her about me running away. Of course he didn't. You see, my mother has cancer of the last stage. Doctors say she has only a year or two at most so me and Ethan never tell her anything that might get her worried or sad.

Even after all this, my mom still works as a lawyer. And not just any lawyer, she is the most famous lawyer in the city. No one except Ethan, Aaron, Mom and I know that she has cancer.

"I'm leaving for work." My mom announced kissing my cheek.

"EMILY MACY WILLIAMS!" My brother roared as my mom left.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath and ran out of my house.

I didn't have anywhere to go so I walked to the nearest Starbucks outlet. I ordered my favorite coffee, which calmed me down a bit. That's when my phone buzzed.

'Hey Emi, miss me?' -unknown number.

Only one person called me that....Parker.

'Parker?' -from Emi

'At you service :D' -to Emi

'How did you get my number?' -from Emi.

'I have my ways ;P. What's up?' -to Emi.

'I'm at Starbucks.'-from Emi.

'Oh, I'm stuck with a grumpy Lucas who is troubling the basket.' -to Emi.

That made me laugh.

'What?!' -from Emi.

'It is true, Lucas won't stop shooting balls at the basket, he's playing so bad that none of them go inside.' -to Emi.

'That sucks, talk to you later :)' -from Emi.

Just then, my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello, is this Emily Williams, Mary Williams' daughter?" An unfamiliar female voice asked.

"Yes, and who might you be?"

"I'm speaking from the hospital right next to your house, your mom has been admitted here in the emergency ward."

The phone slipped my hands as my body went limp. My mind couldn't process anything and I rushed to the hospital. I asked the receptionist my mom's room number and rushed to the third floor. My brother was already in the corridor and his face made me break down. He looked pale and stressed. Tears brimmed my eyes and Ethan hugged me wiping the tears that were threatening to fall.

"It will be okay." He said rubbing my back.

"Why us, Ethan? Why did this have to happen to us?" I cried. That's when I saw Aaron.

"Come here." He said, holding out his hands for me. There were no traces of anger on his face. His anger had melted away because I needed him.

"I don't want her to die Aaron." I sobbed soaking his shirt.

"She won't Em. She won't." He assured.

"Don't fight with me ever again, bad things happen. Really bad things." I cried into his shirt.

"I'm so sorry I fought with you Em, I never again will. I'll always be by your side." Aaron said, rubbing my back soothingly.

The doctor came out of the room and were talking to Ethan. I just caught a few words like media, out of this, condition, stable. Just like that, I knew mom was okay. In about fifteen minutes, we were allowed to meet her.

"Mom" I smiled.

"Baby" she smiled sadly.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asked.

"I'm not Ethan and you know it." Mom answered.

"Don't say that Mary." Aaron spoke.

"Aaron,  you are family. Please take of Em and Ethan once I'm gone. Ethan, don't worry about Emily's custody, you will get her full custody. I have already planned it." Mom said.

"Mom, stop! You aren't going anywhere." I said. Before mom could reply, the nurse interrupted us.

"Children, you three need to go out for a bit." The nurse said and we exited the room.

"Aaron, take Emily home, I'll stay here for the night." Ethan said and Aaron nodded.

We got into Aaron's car and he drove us to my house. I watched the roads pass by and enjoyed the silence. People say that every morning comes with new hopes, but I could see all my hopes dying. Walking into my house, I realized how empty it felt.

I declined Aaron's offer of food and changed into my PJs. I realized that I had worn Lucas's hoodie for an entire day. Thank god no one noticed it. I got in bed with Aaron. It is normal for us since we are best friends.

"Em, I think we shouldn't go to the party tomorrow." Aaron said.

"No  we will." I said because suddenly, the idea of drowning in alcohol didn't seem that bad.

A/N
Like it? If you do, what are you waiting for?! Comment and Vote!

Luv XOXO, 
Fangirl_Leo.