Chapter 138~!

Here's a shout out for Chicago_Illinois because she came up with the nickname Nevada gives Oregon~ WUVS~!!

------------------------------------------

So, I didn't get to jump into the river and swim away the night before, in case that was one thing you had thought of. No, no, but I wish I could have done that. Jasper and Kuma escorted me back to the house by the point of his teeth and hockey stick. I know those things could be used as weapons, (the hockey stick, I mean) but I never imagined it was his first choice. It was just a blunt object made out of plastic or wood, I doubted its ability to kill someone too effectively.

Unless he enjoyed beating the shit out of people until they died...

Yeah, that sounds about right.

"Well, we need a nickname for the little one!" Nevada said as he smiled down at Little Me. I shifted a bit and shook my head.

"I've already got one, it's Lissy," I told him. He was the 36th state and therefore I was his elder, but that didn't stop him from calling me "little one" thanks to my size.

"Hmm...  Oregon, Oregon... How about Oreo?" he suggested before slapping his hands together. "That's perfect for you!"

"How, I'm not a dog," I replied with a miniature frown.

"And? It's cute, I like it," he insisted. "That's what I'm calling you from now on, Oreo."

And then I opened my eyes and sat up slowly, absolutely relishing in the dizziness that overcame my head. Not! God, it hurt... Jasper didn't have to hit me in the head with his hockey stick so many times, seriously! So I bit him a few times when he tried to make me go up to Kuma and feed him with the steak wrapped around my hand, that didn't mean he had to knock me out at least a dozen times!

Wait, that doesn't make any sense...

Whatever.

'Huh, had another dream. Weird, I wonder why...'

~~~

Omniscient POV~

All the way in the District o' Columbia~

"Oh my god you guys, this is totally not cool," Kylie groaned as she let her head loll back boredly. "Why hasn't someone just called America and asked him if he knows anything?"

"Because he told us not to call him, he had a lot to work with ever since the riots broke out," Ginny, or the state of Virginia, replied from across the table.

"So? I say we just keep calling him and take the consequences like real men!" Kylie exclaimed without sitting up. "Well, real women and men... Let's just go with states, yeah."

"The point is, now that we all suddenly remembered her, we have to find a way to find Alice and bring her home!" Willow, the state of Washington and Oregon's younger sister, said with conviction. She was usually a very quiet, hide-in-the-back-of-every-meeting kind of person, but not when it involved her family. And here, in a room with most of her family, she was making herself heard.

"I don't really know what the hell is going on here, but Willow's right," Owen, the state of Idaho and Alice's younger brother, agreed. "It was weird how we all just forgot her and then remembered her a week ago. I mean really, what the hell is going on with this?"

"I wish I knew, but the potato farmer's right," Austin (just take a wild guess at who he is) spoke up.  His cowboy hat shifted back on his head as he looked up a bit more and addressed everyone. "Somethin' strange is goin' on, and we need to get to the bottom of it."