Chapter 118~!

• Dedicated to The Doctor

"Mattie~? Mattie~!" I called through the hallways one morning as I searched for my absent boyfriend. He was nowhere to be found, and I'm not trying to make an invisible joke here. I mean he was seriously missing. "Mattie! Kumajirou? Anybody?"

Only Zip and Ko were there, going on like nothing was out of the ordinary. So, I sat down and helped Zip get back on his feet and walk a bit before eating a breakfast of leftover pancakes with strawberries. 'He wouldn't have just up and left for no good reason... Maybe he left me a note somewhere like last time?' 

I practically turned the house upside down looking for a letter telling me not to worry, I'll be back soon, I love you. Yet there was none! Not on the fridge, in my bedroom, on the dining room table, my shoes, Zip's bed, nothing! Zilch, nada!

"Agh!" I groaned, running a hand through my short hair and ruffling it out of irritation. I tried his cell phone, but it was either off or dead because I didn't get an answer. 'Wish I could get a hold of some of the other countries, they might know where he went...'

Suddenly an idea (one that might not have been considered brilliant) came to me! "I hope I still have it!" I exclaimed as I raced back up the stairs and rummaged through my bag. I extracted an envelope and held it aloft, grinning in triumph. "Knew it! Time to put this to good use."

~~~

"Wait... Kadi gave you this?" the young man in front of me inquired skeptically.

I nodded and tapped the paper in his hands. "Kadi told me if I ever needed to go somewhere, I'd give this to you and you'd fly me there."

He groaned. "And I was just getting to the good part in my book... Where would you like to go, miss?"

I smiled. "It's a long trip. First up is Japan."

"Japan?" he exclaimed in surprise. "Why there?"

"Because I've been invited to visit but I never was able to go. Now I'm going to go there and ask him something."

He deadpanned. "You do realize there are such things as phones, right?"

I nodded again. "Yes, thank you. I don't have his number, regretfully."

The pilot sighed and beckoned for me to follow him. "Come on, let's just get going..."

"Thank you!" I cheered, repositioning my duffel on my shoulder and rushing to catch up.

A couple hours later~

"And we're here," the pilot (one of Kadi's provinces, actually!) muttered when we touched down.

I glanced out the window and gasped in surprise. "We're here already? How?"

"We're countries, we can travel over distances much faster than humans can," he explained. "Just go do what you have to and come back."

I nodded and happily ran to the exit, my bag over one shoulder. I froze with my hand on the handle. "Erm... Can you go with me? I don't know my way around Tokyo at all..."

Lapurdi sighed again and stood, following after as we disembarked and made our way through the city. Yeah, I know, it was really weird how we didn't get spotted by any officials or anything. Maybe Kadi's jet has a cloaking device...?

~

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Lapurdi asked unsurely, his arms crossed.

I double-checked the address I'd been given. "Yep, this is it." I knocked on the doorframe. "I hope Japan isn't going to be mad because I showed up here randomly..." I added as an afterthought.