Short Ass Chapter. Sorry guys.

Idina's Point of View

    I have to return to the theatre at some point; today might as well be the day. I'm so tired. I stare at the ceiling. Two hours of sleep. Two days since I spoke to James. My alarm goes off again and I roll out of bed. I take three steps towards the bathroom and my legs give out on me. Dammit Idina. Get yourself together. I give myself a few seconds on the floor before slowly rising to my feet again. A glance in the mirror shows I look nearly as dead as I feel. Dark circles beneath sunken in eyes, hollow cheeks, a mouth that hasn't smiled in days. I reach for the makeup bag to cover up what I can. I throw on a white vneck and a pair of skinny jeans, before reluctantly reaching for a sweater. I miss the care free girl who ran around in short sleeves all the time. I've fucked that up one too many times. Besides, I know I won't be able to stay warm at the theatre. I'm always so cold. I turn up the music on my phone as I set the coffee to brew. I reach for the biggest travel mug I own and my heart twinges. I remember when we were still on Broadway and James would come sit in my dressing room and we'd talk and laugh together. He always called it my "big ass survival mug." I shove the memory aside and grab the mug. Maybe he's forgotten. Oh well. It doesn't matter either way. It's just a damn coffee mug. I'm a long way, from where I was, where I need to be. But where exactly do I need to be? Anywhere but here.

James's Point of View

    The door to the theatre opens and my jaw drops before my face breaks into the biggest smile in days. It's Idina. She came. She looks....she's alive, and here, and that's what matters. I watch her as she scans the room. Our eyes meet, but only for a brief second before she looks away. I see Anthony crossing the room to see her. He's so good to her. A real, unconditional friend. I see her tense up when he first moves in for a hug, before relaxing into his arms. My heart aches knowing how much she distrusts me anymore, but I'm glad to see her feeling....not so alone. Not so betrayed. She leans back from the hug and I see him wipe a tear from her cheek, see a glimmer of an attempt at a smile cross her face. She glances towards me and sees me staring. I shove my hands in my pockets and walk away. Maybe when she said she needed time to think, I should've thought some too.