<10> Answers

Lily POV

4 days passed...

"Any news from the messenger?" I asked entering the kitchen. Arthur had told me he should be arriving tonight or tomorrow morning.

"No nothing yet" said a tired Evangeline the main cooker. "You should be resting sweetie" it was late at night but I couldn't sleep, I kept moving around my bed.

I was hungry so I went to the kitchen.

"Darling you really should go back to bed, my mom used to say that warm milk can help you to sleep, i will prepare you some"

"Thank you Eva" I actually wanted to sleep... There is a big chance I get to know who I am tomorrow and I want to be ready for it.

>thud< >thud<

I heard footsteps and some swearing words.

"I said I was >hic< going to  >hic< kill that bastard of Lord Irwin >hic<" Gwaine screamed to the poor Merlin who was trying  his best to keep him and Gwaine's balance.

I was shocked... Really how this guy became a knight?

"Next time you want a fight please do it sober" said Lancelot, this time it was him who was covered in wine. i couldn't avoid laughing at the scene.

"So this is what the royal knights of Camelot do in their free time?" I said laughing. Merlin sat Gwaine in the stool next to me

"You >hic< you know nossshing >hic< it was his fault" his face got closer to mine, I could smell the alcohol and I back away immediately. Also At the same time Lancelot jumped and pushed him away from me.

"You smell terrible" I said covering my nose.

"I swear Gwaine" Evangeline leaves the warm milk next to me and throws a glass of water to gwaine's face "if you ever come to this kitchen smelling that way, I will leave to starve to death!"

"Is it raining? >hic< i want to sleep" he tries to lean in my shoulder but Lancelot once again pushed him away. he ended up leaning against some tomatoes bags that were on the table.

"Is he like this every night?" I asked really curious...

"No not every night but quite often" said merlin

"Like every two days" said an annoyed Lancelot trying to clean up the wine from his clothes.

"I want more wine >hic<"

"This is what you told me was being a jerk?" I asked Merlin, immediately both man start laughing.

"Yes sort of" says a grinning Merlin "it's late what are you doing here?" He asks as I sip my warm milk.

"I couldn't sleep...I was wondering if the messenger had arrived yet" i said

"Most likely he would be tomorrow before noon" said Lancelot

"Yes i guess so..." I said and took another sip "who is lord irwain?"

"Lord Irwin? An truly jerk who likes to look down to everyone who is not as rich as him" said a now clean Lancelot, at the moment I couldn't understand his words, but I didn't want to push the question any further as I saw angry in Lancelot's eyes. "He started a fight with that sleepy donkey You see there"

"Kids I'm closing the kitchen now, please take him out" said Eva in a serious tone.

"Sure... Merlin take Gwaine to his chamber" order the tall knight.

"What-... And you wha-"

"I'm escorting our guest to her room, it's too late for a young maid to be walking alone" I blush slightly at his words... However I still rolled my eyes.

"I can go by myself" I finish the last drop of milk and left.

"Wa-wait" called Lancelot from behind, he catch up with me "are you excited to go back home?" It was the first time I talked to Lancelot since the big discovery of who my parents are.

"Yes, I guess my memories will soon come back" I said not very confident of what I was saying.  We arrived at the door "well thanks for the company" I open the door but was stopped by him.

"Lily I-I... I wish we can be friends, I know it was a short time but I really think you are a nice person"

"You talk as if I was leaving tomorrow"

"well We don't know, maybe your parents are on their way... You think Sir Thomas will allow me to be here, in his daughter's chamber, in the middle of the night ...alone?"

I didn't understood his point ... "I don't think my dad will be that strict..." I gave it a thought.

"Well never mind go to sleep see you tomorrow"

"Yes sure, bye" with that I enter the room and close the door. i could feel my face a little bit hot... What was that!?

Next morning I spent the day on Gwen's chamber as she fixed one of her dresses, She had the best view of the entrance of the castle, so I spent my morning waiting for news. Near noon, the messenger arrived alone. Part of me wished that my so called parents came along.....  Maybe I was not their daughter, maybe they sent a letter saying "I'm sorry King Arthur but that must be a mistake our Daughter is here"

I jumped from the chair and went downstairs to the round table room. I saw as the messenger entered the room, i stayed by the door. I was to scared to listen his news, but also so impatient to know about them.

"my king"

"Tell me Charles, did you delivered the letter? Did they reply back?"

Charles shook his head, and Arthur's face showed confusion

"Your majesty, unfortunately I couldn't deliver the letter to Sir Thomas" the man takes out a paper out of his bag and gives it to Arthur.

"What is this?" From the way Arthurs eyes changes from confusion to concern I assume it was a different letter than the one we sent. He read it quietly and when he is finish he looked at the messenger with a worried look. "Are you sure of this?"

The young Charles nods solemnly "Yes my King, unfortunately Sir Thomas and Lady Emily were murdered almost a month ago"

My hands goes to my face to cover my mouth to what might have been a scream.

Everyone in the room fix their eyes on me... They are Dead.