Chapter 7:

Lucile's POV

I paced my bedroom back and forth, by now I'm surprised I hadn't worn the floor boards out. I was a mess. I hadn't eaten, slept, spoken to anyone, or even came out of my room in two days.

Did Wyatt really just up and leave me?

'Yes, he did now get over it.' The little voice in my head commanded. I sulked down into my armchair beside my window. Hours passed but only felt like minutes. The sun was setting and I was starving. The clock said 6:30 which was around super time. I left my room and went to the great hall. Mum and Dad were already eating.

I sat down noisily. "Lucy? Darling are you alright?" Mum's voice asked me. I looked up at her with sad red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"You haven't left your room in days, what happened?" Dad asked trying to get me to open up.

"My only friend left me two nights ago." My voice cracked when I said friend. "He left me this letter." I reached into my pocket and showed them the letter. Mum gasped and Dad sat there unfazed.

"Who was this friend?"

"Wyatt the tailor." There was so much pain in saying his name, but I needed to work through it. And that's exactly what I did.

I didn't cry about him anymore, I just pushed myself into my studies or attending parties Mum and Dad forced me to go to.

A whole year has passed and I hadn't thought of his name in forever. I met two girls, Mara and Cilia, at one of those parties I was forced to go to and now they're my best friends. Even though we're 17 year olds we still have sleepovers, eat tubs of ice cream, and have pillow fights.

Now that I graduated school I had a ton of more free time on my hands. I'd usually go around the kingdom or hang out with Mara or Cilia, but today was different. I had woken up at 12pm and only had 4 hours to do whatever and get ready for the yearly ball.