Chapter 4:

Lucile's POV

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Good morning," I said sleepily "Is it uh okay if I call you Mum? I've never had a Mum, and you adopted me and treat me so well-"

"Darling of course you can call me Mum! Oh come here and hug me." She interrupted. I put a stray hair behind my ear as I walked around the great table in the great hall. Que-I mean Mum pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm so happy to finally have a daughter!" She mumbled into my hair.

"Looks like you two are bonding." The King's voice boomed from the entrance of the great hall. Mum pulled back and greeted her husband, "Good morning Matthew, did you sleep good?"

"Yes I did," He said and walked up and gave her a quick kiss. "Can I have a hug too now that Eliza's had one?" He asked me. I nodded and hugged him. After our hug, we sat down to eat breakfast.

"Mum, can you pass the bacon?" I asked confidently.

"Sure thing dear," She smiled and passed me the plate of bacon.
"Can you believe that she calls me Mum, Matthew? It makes me so happy." She cried out wiping away a stray tear. "That's great, I know we've been wanting a child for so long." He spoke a hint of joy in his voice.

"Can I call you Dad?" I spoke up after I ate a slice of bacon. He looked at me and his face had the biggest smile
on it, "Yes, yes you can Lucy."

I grinned, "I've never been able to call anyone Mum or Dad before, I actually feel like I fit in."

"We've never been able to call anyone our child before. I'm so happy that we can now, even if we're not blood related." Mum sniffled and Dad nodded.