Chapter 15: Mate and Mother

Start from the beginning

His voice sounded worried in Hunter's ears. He recognized it though.

"Matt?" he managed to choke out, sounding surprised at the hoarseness of his voice.

"Is he okay?" Hunter heard Liam ask Luke.

Luke fumbled with something and shook his head. "Put him down," he heard, as Liam's strong arms pulled him. He could feel a soft mattress underneath him and he felt himself getting dizzy. The golden light was more blinding then ever.

I walked into the room from the kitchen when I heard the commotion and saw Luke and Liam fussing and freaking out over someone on the bed.

"Guys, what's going on?" I asked, walking over.

Luke looked at me with a sign of relief. "Thank goodness! Rou, please clear Liam out for me." he said, pointing to the said freaking out brunette.

I sighed and grabbed Liam's arm as I saw Hunter limp figure laying in the second bed. I instantly shared everyone else's look of worry and I understood Liam slight panic attack.

"What the hell?!" he yelled as he tried to struggle in my grip. I tightened my hold and pulled him into the kitchen and gave him a glass of water. "Calm down," I told him. "Nothing good is gonna happen if you snap like this."

Liam continued to glare at me for a bit before giving in. He sighed as he took the glass and chugged it down in one gulp. He looked at me with a small smile. "Been a while, eh?"

I smiled back. "Hell yeah. Good to see you, Liam."

"Though I have to say," he said with a clink of the glass. "Things have gotten a hell of a lot more complicated since we last met."

I nodded. "Yes, they have." I replied, thinking about the missing pieces in our story. "Anyway, what's going on with you? What's with Hunter?"

Liam bit his lip. "We got here just a couple hours ago. Toby used his magic or whatever to bring us here. But we got separated from him and Jesse. And you'll never guess who we ran into."

"Who?"

A  smile that betrayed his tone of voice crept onto his face. "The Alpha."

That's when I began choking on my own spit. After my coughing fit, I looked at Liam incredulously. "Are you serious?! I've heard about him so much, but oh my god! What's he like?"

"A total bastard." Liam replied, venom coating his every word. "Hunter was there too. I never thought that a father could be that heartless to his son, his own flesh and blood."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What happened?"

He took a sharp intake of air. "He shot Hunter. Three times. All I could do was stand there baffled as Hunter's father tried to hurt him. Just that thought makes my blood boil."

"You've gotten really close to Hunter, haven't you?"

Liam paused for a bit before shrugging. "I don't know how, but that huge rift of hatred just somehow melted away. He really wasn't the person I thought he'd be. If it wasn't for the fact that he's a werewolf, he could've easily passed as a normal teenager."

"When you think about it," I told Liam, "Both Dezmin and Hunter have had their own fair share of troubles. Well, I don't know either of them well enough, but those two, you know, they're brothers regardless. I felt nothing but hate towards Hunter when I last saw him, but seeing you fuss over and talk about him like that, I can't help but rethink it."

"I'm not that convincing." he slowly mumbled, before his eyes went wide. "Dezmin! I was so busy with Hunter, I completely forgot!" He got up to go to the other room, but I pulled him back. "Whoa there. Dezmin's probably resting so I doubt you should see him now." I told him.