Road to the prison

Tom's p.o.v

"How did you get here??" she asked with a worried face.
"By a boat " I said as she chuckled with an expression that lit up my face.

"It was an ambush "I said setting the atmosphere back to serious.
"The Chinese invaded and captured Japan, Philippines, Pakistan and north - eastern India. Britain attacked china according to the pact formed between India and Great Britain in 2026. A great number of Indian and English soldiers were deployed to capture the Chinese city of shanghai. The 1st British regiment had the task to nullify the Chinese forces in the East. As a part of the plan we split up into 2 teams - alpha and delta. Delta was the backup unit and alpha was to attack from the frontline. The date decided for the attack was 9th December .I think there was a traitor in our army which informed them about our plan and they attacked earlier than we did. Instead of attacking from the east they attacked from the west. They first destroyed the backup unit delta and then demolished us."

"What's your story?" I asked wiping of the tear that had formed due to the subdued sadness inside me.

"It's not as unobtrusive as yours" she said.
"Great "I thought "now even personal experiences are supposed to be interesting"

"They need not be "she said with a twinkle in her eye.
"I forgot I am on a telepathy machine"
I thought

"Better remember it the next time she said chuckling all along.

"It was a dark summer night when the shrill cry of cicada could be heard from my cottage situated in a dense forest back in India. A letter had arrived on the doorstep.it said that I was admitted into the rani of Jhansi regiment. On the basis of my excellence I was soon promoted and became the general of that regiment. The soldiers in the regiment always used to say that I'll be the Joan d'Arcy of India. When the second indo-Sino war broke out, our regiment was given the task of recapturing the imphal region. Our army was very weak compared to the Chinese army but nonetheless we kept firing until the last rifle, the last bullet and our last drop of blood .When all of my squad mates died the Chinese captured me and put me into this state."

"Pretty interesting" I said with a smile reappearing on my face.

Our conversation was interrupted by a Chinese soldier "time for torture" was all he said before we went out into the cold chilly forest.

Hi guys this is the part where you actually get a bit of information about the characters. There would be a plot twist in the next chapter , so stay tuned and don't forget to vote ,comment or share.