Chapter 13

I peaked round the door. Oh god. Holding her hands to her head bent over double so her blonde hair fell infront of her face was the green bean. Why? She had surely had enough trauma for the day without getting her skull bashed in by me.

"Bloody hell Samantha I am so so sorry I don't know you where there!" I rambled as I rushed over to where the girl was bent over double with pain. She just shook her head and muttered something that sounded like "No.. My fault.. Shouldn't..been..here."
I grabbed her shoulders and led her into my room to sit on the bed.

"I'm so sorry, let me see. Just take your hands away from your face for a minute ok" Slowly she lowered her hands. I hadn't realised it before but silent tears had made there way down her cheeks. There was a big red mark where the door had come into contact with her forehead. It was most probably going to bruise over night.

She took a few deep breaths probably to get over the pain and stopped crying. She was still shaking though and looked like she was about to drop.
"Come on I'll take you to the med part of the homestead." I reached out for her to take my hand so I could help her up but she didn't move.

"It's fine I, I just need some sleep. Is that my bed there?" She questioned pointing at the make- do nest on the floor.
"Yeah it is for you but I really think.. wait how did you know you were sleeping in here? And how did you know it was up here?"
She went bright pink and looked away. "Well...Minho told me when he came back from the gathering. After a while he told me where to go. I should have waited but I was scared you where angry and hated me and you weren't gonna come and get me!" She said hurriedly, As her big blue eyes locked with mine I saw genuine worry fill them.

"I wouldn't.. I couldn't...hate you.. for that!" I stuttered. How in the world could she even begin to think that. "Come on greenie there are way worse things you could do than steal my floor at night"

The worry faded from her eyes when I told her that as trust replaced it. She looked to the makeshift bed on the floor.
"I guess that's why you took so long to come find me. It looks super comfy and fluffy." She grinned as she sat in the middle of the blankets.
"Thank you. If you don't mind i'd quite like to get some sleep. It's been a long day" she smiled up at me.
"No problem green bean. I know what a first days like in the glade but saying that yours seems to be a lot bloody worse than mine was."

We laughed for a moment and it seemed like all the troubles we were bound to face would just melt away into nothing. She tucked herself up in her blankets as I put out the small lamp beside my bed. "Good night" I heard to my left. "Sweet dreams greenie" I yawned and I drifted happily off to sleep.