Chapter 5

I stared out of the window for about 15 minutes before I remembered about the thing I had pulled out of my pocket back in the box. I had been clutching onto it since I had taken it out but hadn't remembered to look at what it was. A small heart shaped locket with the words "always trust me" engraved on it. It wasn't really what I had expected but at least it wasn't anything bad, maybe it was a message about always trusting my heart. By the look of it it was 2 years old at least. It had small hinges on the sides. It had something inside. It opened easily almost as if somebody had been opening it countless times a day for years.

I had to sit down on the bed from the shock of what was inside that locket. It was a picture. And I knew exactly who the two people in it was. The first was easy, it was me. This had obviously been my locket. I mean why would I have it in my back pocket. No it was the other person in the photo that got me curious. It was Newt.

We were a few years younger but it was obviously is. We were smiling. We were clearly very happy. I wonder what had happened? We had known each other before I had lost all my memories. I wonder if he'd recognised me? But then again he did ask me my name. Surely if he had known who I was he'd have said? Or maybe he didn't want to cause more of a scene than what had already gone on and that's why he wanted to talk to me on my own. Theories crashed into my head blurring my senses. I didn't know what to think. I didn't have any memories of anything that had gone on in my life before all of this except this one picture.

I stared at it for a long time. I concluded that we must have been around 14 or 15 so two or three years younger than we were now. I couldn't see much of the background but it looked like we were in some kind of base. Almost like a science lab, but at the same time not really like one at all. It was a complete mystery to me. We were both wearing similar clothing a white top, with some letters on it. They were too tiny to read though.

"Are you alright?"