Well I am feeling kind of weird. I want more of Jamie's touch but I don't want to take it too far.

So I do the only thing I can think of, I inch forward and nuzzle my head into Jamie's chest. I can sense that he is surprised but after a little bit he places his arms around me. I smile to myself and enjoy his warmth.

---

Kari's POV

"I told Rosie that we could hang out tonight, so I should probably go find her..." Evie says to me.

"Alright, I should probably make sure Bryce isn't working too hard anyway." I say. I look at my little sister and smile. "I had fun today, sorry I basically dropped off of the face of the planet for a while..."

She smiles and hugs me. "It's no problem, I'm just glad you're here now."

I lean down and kiss the top of her head. "Alright, did you want me to come with you to find Rosie?" I ask.

She releases from the hug and shakes her head. "No it's okay, she's probably in her room. I'm just going to head there now. I will see you later Kari." She says and walks toward the door.

"Okay, see you later little sis." I wave. She exits and goes to join her friend.

Alright, first things first, I need to confront Bryce about him asking Evie about her dreams. It's not fair of him to ask her to recall her nightmares. I let out a frustrated sigh.

When I get to Bryce's office, I press my ear to the door to make sure it's Bryce in there and not Macy. To my relief it is only Bryce. I can hear him working on the computer from his side of the room. Instead of knocking I just barge into the room.

Bryce looks up shocked, but his features turn softer when he realizes its me. "Hey shorty, what's up?" He says. I frown and strut over to his desk.

I stand in front of it and place both my hands down. He looks at me curiously and I frown even more. "Why would you ask Evie about her nightmares?" I shout.

His face turns serious, "oh yeah, about that-" he begins to say but I cut him off.

"Bryce it's not fair for you to talk about her nightmares. She's a small girl, you can't just bring up traumatic things like that!" I add.

"I know it isn't fair but-" I cut him off again.

"We've been through hard things Bryce! Our mom was basically killed in front of us, I just want her to forget all the scary things that have ever happened to her" I say frantically. Bryce stands from his chair and looks at me sternly. I shut my mouth immediately and look at him.

"Kari, if you would just listen to me." He says loudly. I look at my hands in defeat.

"Sorry..." I whisper and sit down in the chair that lies in front of the desk.

I hear him sigh. I look up I see him running his hand through his hair frustratedly. "Kari, I didn't mean to get like that it's just, what I have to tell you is very important."

I look at him confused. "Important? Are we still talking about Evie?" I ask him. He looks really serious, I can't imagine anything that involves Evie that could be that important to him.

"Yes we are still talking about Evie." My confused face turns to a curious one, he continues, "I think Evie can predict the future."

I burst out laughing. "Bryce you have to be kidding! Is this a way for you to get out of me being mad at you?" I say through my laughing fit. He frowns.

"Kari, did I ever tell you how we were able to find you at Froam's hide out?" He says. My laughter slows and I think for a moment.

"Um no you didn't. But why do you keep changing the subject?" I ask him.

"I'm not, just listen. So I knew that Evie was having vivid nightmares with you in it. At first it didn't concern me, but then when you disappeared it hit me. Every dream that she had about you came true." I look at him in shock.

"Bryce you can't-" he cuts me off by holding up his finger.

"Let me finish." I let out a sigh but nod my head in agreement. "So I went to her and when I entered her room she was having another nightmare. I woke her up and she told me what it was about. It was you and Froam. In his room. The exact same scene that I walked in on. Because of Evie's dream, we were able to piece together that you were in a hospital. We found the closest abandoned hospitals and bam, we found you. Kari, I don't think her dreams are night mares, they are readings of the future." I look down in disbelief.

"I mean, sure some of her dreams were accurate but how could she see the future. It just seems impossible." I say flustered.

I hear Bryce's chair shift and I look at him. He looks slightly uncomfortable. "You see, Kari I learned that you heritage doesn't only link to the ability to heal... In some rare cases, there have been some of your ancestors who could predict the future by visions that they would get." Suddenly today's earlier event hit me.

"Wait, Bryce if you're right, Evie was telling me about a random day dream she had." I look up at him with shock in my eyes. He returns a curious glance. "She said that-"

Suddenly the door bursts open, "Bryce, Ashley just told me that she heard Froam is going to arrive here in three days by the river." We look at Jamie who just ran into the room unannounced.

I turn back to Bryce. "That's what she told me." His eyes widen.