Chapter 4

??? Pov.

Hmmm.... Zeus seems to have already found me out. Hehehe.

Zeus Pov.

 As I continue listening to Usagi's story, I become even more convinced that this is her doing. 

"Well, after that I woke'd up on the beach, and wandered 'round till I met Maro-chan!" She finished with a smile. I sighed. Suddenly a laugh echoed across the room and a light erupted from the mirror on Usagi's necklace.

 Suddenly a laugh echoed across the room and a light erupted from the mirror on Usagi's necklace

"My my.... it seems I've been found out!" Her voice rang out.

Third POV.

The occupants of the room heard Takeru gasp and as the light started to fade, the noticed Usagi missing from his arms. They all looked back to the light as another laugh sounded. The light completely dissipated and showed a beautiful woman with Usagi propped on her hip. The mysterious women wore a bright smile, one that four of the gods in the room recognized. 

"UZUME-SAMA?!?!?!" Takeru yelled shocked to see the mischievous sister-figure in front of him

"*Sigh* I knew this was your doing Uzume-dono. Must you be so nosy?" Zeus spoke.

"Hmmm? What, am I not allowed to help my favorite boys out? Take-chan already seems pretty attached to her!"Uzume laughed as Takeru blushed and turned his head away and crossed his arms over his chest.

Zeus sighed and smirked. "So, why her? You must have chosen her for some reason, yes?"

"Hmmm, clever as always Zeus. This girl is special. She-"

"Yeah! She got Take-Take to smile!" Apollon cut her of, receiving a scalding glare from Uzume and Zeus. He shrunk back immediately, hiding behind Yui who looked just as curious as Zeus.

'What does she mean by that?' Yui thought.

"Hmmm, as I was saying Usagi has a connection with us."She turned to Takeru. "She can understand Usamaro, correct?" Takeru nodded, looking deep in thought. Uzume turned to Yui. "There were complications with her birth correct?"

"Y-yeah. It's one of the reasons I really respect the gods." All the boys (Zeus and Thoth included) looked curiously to Yui. "Usagi....Usagi was stillborn. *Que gasp from gods* My mom had decided to do an at home delivery because no problems had ever come up in any of the doctor checkups. When she came out, she didn't make any noise. That was when my parents realized something was wrong." At this point, Yui had taken Usagi into her arms and was holding her closely, almost like she was afraid if she let go Usagi would disappear.

" At this point, Yui had taken Usagi into her arms and was holding her closely, almost like she was afraid if she let go Usagi would disappear

"My parents immediately started praying for her, and my brothers and I quickly joined them. We prayed for an entire night that she would wake up and cry. By morning, there had been no change and we were beginning to give up hope. All of the sudden, a purple light had surrounded Usagi's still body. When the light receded, Usagi's eyes opened and she cried out. We had never been happier. It was that moment that I knew the Gods were real, and looking out for us." Yui finished her story, smiling at Usagi who wiped the tears off her sister's face with her tiny hands. A look around herself showed Apollon and Balder bawling their eyes out while Loki and Takeru looked away to hide the tears that pride refused to let fall. Dyonisis smiled lightly at the duo with watery eyes, as Thor, Hades, Zeus, Tsukito and Thoth looked down almost seeming ashamed. Anubis seemed to be hidden in a corner with a cloud of depression over his head. Yui turned to the goddess with a smile.

"It was you, wasn't it? The one that brought Usagi back to us." This received a nod of confirmation. "Thank you. I can't possibly thank you enough." Yui said, putting Usagi down and bowing on her knees with her head on the backs of her flattened palms.

"Do not worry, child. She was well worth the effort." The goddess smiled as she watched the teal headed tsundere lift the small girl into a hug. Her face became serious. "However, things like this do not pass without punishment or price I hope you know." The room grew tense.

"W-what do you mean?" Yui stuttered, terrified by the possibilities running through her head. Uzume sighed.

"She will not be able to live the full life span she was intended to, most likely only half of it. Also, when she does die she will join us in the realm of the Gods because when I brought her back to life, she became a Demi-goddess instead of just being a human." A sigh of relief passed through Yui's lips, and a question followed it.

"How long was her original lifespan supposed to be?" Uzume shook her head.

"That I do not know, I'm sorry." Yui nodded.

"As interesting and informative as this was, we still don't have a plan for what happens next, correct?" Thoth interjected. "Will she return home or stay here?"

______________________________________________

Hey bunnies! Sorry it's been so long! Here is the newest installment of Usagi's adventures! Enjoy!