Chapter 15

I told the driver to take me to Paul's house. I figured since already knew Paul if I just told him that the guy was back he could do something.

As the cab stopped I wiped my tears and opened the door.

"PAUL!!!!" I ran into the house and I couldn't find him.

I then ran upstairs and I immediately bumped into him as he came from the hallway.

"Woah! slow down, whats wrong?" he pulled me into a hug and led me down the stairs as I couldn't stop crying.

"Mia..." he whispered and I looked up at him.

"I.." I heard my phone vibrate and opened it and saw a text from Aaron.

"DON'T EVEN TRY TELLING YOUR LITTLE BROTHER IN LAW!"

I was so confused I didn't get how he knew, I looked around and Paul stared at me.

"Mia whats going on?"

I knew that I couldn't tell him anything, I couldn't risk it.

"Roman and I had a fight and I just feel so defeated.."

I sighed, "I wasn't thinking clearly I should go.."

"Hey. I'm stuck here on my own cause your sister's flight got delayed. Come on, go wash your face and I'll take you out for some dinner" he smiled slightly.

"Paul, you don't..."

"Mia, look you're upset and you shouldn't be alone and frankly I do not want to be stuck here alone. So hun..."

I looked up at him for a second and then walked to the bathroom.

●●●

"So what was the fight about?" Paul took a sip of his wine as the waiter took our plates away.

"Nothing really, I just messed up a bit" I leaned on my hand and looked over at him.

"Well I hope you guys sort it out, I don't wanna see you looking like this again. You sure its just Roman?"

"Well..."

I looked up and behind Paul further in the restaurant I saw Aaron with two other familiar faces, he held up a beer to me with a smirk.

I realized then that he was everywhere, "Can you take me home please?"

"You sure?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

"Okay come on" he extended his hand as he stood up and I followed.

●●●

"You really didn't have to walk me up" I looked back at Paul as we stepped into the apartment.

"I'll stay until Roman gets back don't want you being here alone regardless of you two fighting."

"It's the same difference he's just going to..."

"Paul..."

Paul looked past me as I heard Roman's questioning voice.

I turned and saw Roman standing against the counter in the kitchen in a sweatpants. I didn't even know how I hadn't seen him.

"Oh hey man, just came to drop Mia off"

Roman glanced briefly at me and then back at Paul.

"I took her out for some dinner that's all, look I'll see you guys soon" he hugged me and took Roman's hand.

"Yeah sure man" Roman nodded as he walked with Paul to the door.

I immediately walked to the bathroom so that I could shower and not face Roman.

I slipped on a nighty and put on my long fluffy gown even though I wasn't cold to cover up the bruises and I had to apply base onto the mark on my cheek.

I was busy tying my hair as I entered the bedroom and saw Roman leaning in the doorway of the room. I avoided looking at him, got into bed and turned off the lamp on my side.

"So you're just going to ignore me now?"

I turned the lamp back on and sat up staring at him. He had a blank look on his face and I immediately felt the guilt taking over.

"I don't want you to be angry at me..." I whispered, he sighed and ran his hands over his face and slowly walked over to me.

"Then tell me whats going on?" he sat down next to me as he looked into my eyes.

"I called your sister to ask where the shoot was cause you were taking forever. Then I found out there was no photoshoot and you have no other shit besides the shows for this month so where were you?"

"My sister doesn't know every little detail of my schedule, Roman" I looked away from him.

"Now why didn't you want to go to the beach? I mean.."

"I was tired okay and you wanting to go to the beach with the others rather than just being content with hanging out here with me says what about you?"

"I didn't go to the fucking beach. I came back home cause I wanted to be with you, but you obviously weren't here!" He stood up .

"You know what Mia? Forget it. If you would rather go out for fucking dinner with your ex-fiance then do that. I have a flight to catch tomorrow, you are clearly not interested in sharing anything with me..." He walked out of the room.

"There is nothing to share!" I ran after him as he entered the lounge and turned to face me.

"Look I was upset cause you were pissed at me when all I wanted was for us to be together so I wasn't thinking clearly and headed over to Steph but she wasn't there. Paul saw me and just wanted to make me feel better"

"So let me get this straight, after you told me I could tell no one about how you were for the past week. The first opportunity you get, you spill about our relationship to your ex?" he looked over at me.

"Why do you keep saying ex, I thought we were passed this whole thing!" I wavered in the air .

I hated every moment of it as I just wanted to be with him but I had messed everything up.

"Mia ,you went to dinner with him on the last day I can spend with you before I leave tomorrow for a fucking week! I have spent months without you, almost a fucking year and since then I haven't spent more than a day with you. When we had our week off, I was basically invisible which I was fine with cause I know you're not okay and I gave you space! But now after you basically stood me up, you run to him. I had this whole day planned and..." he looked away and shook his head.

"I wanted to make you feel better after this past week and its like everything is going wrong I just.." he looked at me as if he was struggling to finish.

I breath in deeply and then walked over to him, carefully placed my hands on his chest and to my surprise he didn't push me away.

I peeked up at him, "I love you and I'm sorry for everything.."

I felt the tears burning my eyes, "I'm sorry for ruining our day, I'm really sorry I ..."

He sighed deeply and I felt his arms wrap around me tightly.

"Forget about it. I was overreacting..." he whispered and he wasn't overreacting but I had to accept it cause I couldn't tell him anything.

He kissed the top of my head, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

"I love you, Roman... I love you" I pulled him closer against me. I don't know why I repeated it but I needed him to know it and I guess I wanted to know that he still loved me as well.

"I am in love with you Mia" he whispered into my neck and his hands clutched my face so that I could look up at him and he smiled slightly and kissed me.

I pulled him closer which caught him off guard but he quickly regained his composure and pulled me closer as well.

I felt a pain shoot through my ribs. I tried to ignore it but knew I had to stop as he couldn't see the way I was.

I broke the kiss and he breath against my lips, "I'm sorry I'm just, can we just lay and..."

"Sure baby girl" he sighed and whispered.