Going Home

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Everything was a rush in the morning. I was woken up rather insensitively by Mrs. Javier and had skipped brushing my teeth yet again because once again, I was late.

I mean, WHO in the goddamn world thinks that 8.30 am is LATE and that too, on a frigging Sunday?

Now I was packing my bag, mostly with one hand because my other hand was stifling recurring yawns. Apparently Liz didn’t believe in skipping manners like ‘closing your mouth with your hand while yawning’ even if you were rushing about looking for your underwear. Always knew she’s a psycho but this was all the proof I needed.

‘MILLIE! For the love of god almighty, STOP day dreaming!!’ Gisele yelled from behind a heap of clothes, swimsuits and whatnot.

‘What is it?’ I yelled back. I wasn’t day dreaming!

‘FUCKING CLEAN YOUR EARS!’ she replied. Mrs. Javier shot her a warning look for her ‘inappropriate’ use of language and Gisele looked away guiltily and mumbled a sorry.

‘Now that you have passed a comment on the layers of dung inside my ears, get to the point, won’t you?’ I said.

‘Puh-lease pass me those goggles Mil! I really cannot ask you for the same thing one million times and still reach the pool in time for the award ceremony!’

‘Fine, Fine… There you go. I don’t see why the beep you have to get so pissed!’ I threw the goggles at her, which due to my excellent aim (note the sarcasm), hit the wall and landed inside the dustbin.

‘FUCK YOU! Sorry, sorry Mrs. Javier.’ Gisele said. She glared at me and then started rummaging in the dustbin for her beloved goggles while I mouthed a sorry to her.

Despite myself and the rush in the room, I couldn’t help smiling. I was FINALLY going home! Finally, I was going to be able to watch some T.V and log on to Facebook! I was going to be able to bake again! Happiness flooded my brains for a while, but as good things go, this didn’t last long either.

‘Pass the bag’ Suze yelled.

‘Ouch! Watch where you are going woman!’ Liz cursed as the wheel of someone’s suitcase ran over her little toe.

‘Vee are going to be so layte!’ Mrs. Javier panicked.

‘Move it people!’ Mariah screamed, half walking, half running while Gisele followed suit.

We finally managed not to be late for the ceremony and also managed to find decent places from where we got an excellent view of whatever was happening. Except for the big had the perched on the head of the lady in front of me. 

Halfway through the ceremony, after we had received our Championship Trophy was got our photographs taken; I slipped out from the poolside.

I wanted to take one last walk around the place before we left forever. This place had given me a lot to remember. The fun, the food, the excitement, the tension and… Andrew.

I walked around the whole compound and reached a playground I had crossed once before but had never ventured into.

The area was surrounded by shady trees and thick bushes which give it a summery and calm feel. These plants covered the playground so that it wasn’t even visible from certain angles. I walked towards the swings, past the slide and the merry go round and sat upon it. It sure was very comfortable. There was a light breeze which caused my hair to fly. I swung absent mindedly while thinking of the series of events which took place during the last one week.