Chapter Sixteen.

(Beca's POV)

I woke up to find Chloe sleeping on my shoulder. We had fallen asleep on the couch watching Netflix.
I got this really big goofy smile on my face. Chloe curled into my side, which made me nervous. I haven't felt nervous around Chloe since college. 
"Mommy? We have to go to school, where are you?" Charlie's voice came from the stairs. "Your alarm is going off but you're not in your room!" 

Chloe shot off my shoulder and wiped sleep (and makeup) out of her eyes. "Shit." She said looking at the clock. "Shit!" She kissed my cheek then ran upstairs. She quickly came back down and looked at me. "Um, I didn't mean to... I'm sorry... I uhm..."

"Go get ready for work." I told her. Chloe nodded and ran back up. Charlie looked at me with a big smile. "What are you grinning about, squirt?"

"Nothin... Nothin' at all." Charlie left the living room and skipped to the kitchen, presumably to get breakfast. I got off the couch and made my way to the bathroom. I fixed my hair and wiped off the makeup that had smudged under my eyes in my sleep. 
As I got out Chloe was running down the stairs in a black skirt, a pink blouse, and pink heels in her hands. 

Chloe walked into the kitchen and I followed. She pulled her heels onto her feet. "I can't believe I'm going to be late." Chloe groaned as her attention turned to me. "Shit and I still have to take you home!"

"I can stay here, get an Uber, or I can go to work with you." I shrugged. Chloe looked at me as she considered her options. "You look beautiful by the way."

Chloe pressed her lips together and a slight blush came to her cheeks. "Thanks." She said softly. "Uhm, would you mind coming to work with me? You could hang around the auditorium, play games on my computer, or something." 

"Sure." I shrugged. "The studio is closed today, so I have nothing to do."

Chloe nodded and grabbed her bag before leaving the house. Charlie and I followed, getting in her car, and as soon as the doors were shut Chloe pulled out heading to the school. 
Once we got there Charlie hugged us each goodbye, then headed down a corridor for her classroom. Chloe lead me to the auditorium, which was surprisingly huge. I mean, I guess it wasn't that surprising since the school was for kindergartners to seniors, but still. "Did I ever tell you that I was in my high school's drama club?" I asked Chloe.

Chloe smirked. "You? Rebel Mitchell? A drama geek?"

I chuckled. "I was in charge of the sound board. I was a techie." Chloe nodded, as if it made sense to her now. "My favorite shows we did were definitely Into the Woods, The Last Five Years, Showboat, and High Society." 

"I didn't know you liked theatre." Chloe looked at me with eyes full of wonder. As if she was meeting me all over again. And I guess in a way we kind of were. There were so many things we never told each other, and so many things we need to learn about each other. New things and old things. 

The bell rang indicating first period. Kids piled into the auditorium, all seemed to be high schoolers, and Chloe told me this was drama one. A mix of all high school grades, some wanting to get into theatre and others just trying to get a performing arts credit. The kids were staring at me, and I just kind of waved. I didn't know why they were staring.

"Holy shit!" One of them exclaimed.

Chloe gasped. "Jasmine! We do not use that kind of language in this school." She disdained. 

"Sorry Ms. Beale, but that's Beca Mitchell!" The girl announced. The kids all began yelling things at the same time, and they all rushed to me, circling me and asking for selfies. It was at that moment I remembered that I was now a celebrity. I was a well known music producer, and I had my own album out. My PR want me to go on tour. I have fans.