Chapter Fourteen.

(Beca's POV)

I heard a knock at my door and left the bathroom, where I was doing my makeup before I left for work, to answer it. "Hello-?" I didn't see anyone, but then I looked down, and there was my daughter with a backpack. "Charlie?"

"Mommy dropped me off for the weekend. She said to drop me back at her house tomorrow night." Charlie walked right into the house and ran upstairs. She came back down a moment later, now without her bag, and stood on the last step of the stairs. "What are you doing today?"

I began heading back towards the bathroom and Charlie followed. "I have work in about an hour, so I guess you're just going to have to come with me." I shrugged. I finished my eyeliner, put on some mascara, and sprayed some perfume on my pulse points. "Alrighty kiddo, let's get in my car."
We left my house and Charlie pulled out a cell phone, typing away. "When did you get a phone?"

"Mommy got me one for my birthday. She told me to text her if we go anywhere." Charlie said. She had a pink iPhone 5C. When I was ten I got beaten for my birthday. Then again, I had my dad for a dad so maybe a cell phone is a normal gift nowadays? I have no idea. "Mommy's been really sad lately. Do you know why?"

I shook my head. "No." Of course I knew. But I can't tell Charlie. That's not something a ten year old needs to know. "Is she still taking care of you okay?" I asked, worried that Chloe may have fallen into the same depression she did when we lost the twins. It's been a week since everything happened, I can't imagine how she must be handling it.

"Yeah. She hasn't changed much. Just when she thinks I'm not around she gets really sad or cries. I don't know why." Charlie explained. We pulled into my office just a few moments later, and Charlie and I got out of the car. Charlie jumped onto my back, forcing me to give her a piggyback ride. She giggled as we entered the studio, causing my coworkers to stare. We entered my office and Charlie let go, running to sit in my desk chair, spinning around as fast as she could. 

"Charlie, I need you to stay in here while I go and do my job. Okay?" I told her. Charlie stopped spinning and looked at me with sad eyes. "What?"

"Mommy works all week, and now you're working, and I just want to... I don't know, do something with you guys." Charlie shrugged. "Both of you. Together."

"I really wish we could Charlie." I sighed. Charlie and I just stared at each other for a little bit, until finally I gave in. "Alright, you can come into the studio with me. But do not touch anything. This is all very expensive equipment and if any of it breaks it's coming out of my pocket." Charlie jumped out of the chair and gleefully ran over to me, hugging me tightly. "Come on, squirt." I took her hand in mine and lead her down the hall to the studio. I sat in the big chair, and Charlie sat in the bean bag chair in the corner. 

Soon enough, the band Panic! At the Disco came into the studio and piled into the space behind the glass. "Who's the little one?" Dallon asked. 

"My daughter." I told them. "Her name's Charlie, I had to bring her, her other mom dropped her off at my place this morning." I shrugged. "She's going to observe and stuff." Charlie smiled and waved, and the band waved back. Brendan stuck his tongue out and she did the same. "Alright guys, we left off with the third verse of Champion, lets start there and go into the hook."

We finished recording the music, for half of the album, Brendan and I were currently working on vocals while the rest of the guys took a break. Charlie suddenly climbed into my lap and pressed the button to talk to Brendan, who stopped singing and looked at her. "Hi." She smiled.

"Hey there, cutie." Brendan laughed. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked, questioning why she stopped him. I gave him a nervous smile, and went to take Charlie off my lap, but Brendan shook his head, telling me it was okay. "What did I do?" He asked again.