A trickle of sweat slipped down the side of Joel’s face. “Y-yeah, ok. I’ll, ah, see ya later, Akito,” he nervously said before being ushered out the door.

“Bye, Akito!” Seika called before she disappeared out the door as well.

Akito sat on his bed in a muted, bewildered silence. He blinked a couple of times before slowly turning to Raily, an uncomfortable silence hanging over them. A silence which Raily surprisingly broke by making a noise that was half-snort, half-chuckle.

“Hmm, you’re not getting into trouble just to see me again, are you?”

Akito blushed deeply. He wanted to see him again, true, but this wasn’t how he wanted it to go. A small eep passed his lips a moment later when he remembered his train of thought during the confrontation with Jack’s crew, how he wished Raily would save him.

How cliché. Raily really was like a romance book hero.

“Thank you again,” Akito said with genuine gratitude. “I owe you my life yet again.”

And...he would be more than happy to ‘repay’ him again as well.

With his blush still prominent, Akito felt his heart speed up as his lifted his gaze to peer up at Raily through his hair, a nervous habit of his. “Could you...could you come here for a moment?”

Raily arched a questioning eyebrow at him, but he then shrugged, jerking one shoulder before pushing away from the window and making his way to the side of Akito’s bed with two powerful strides.

“Hmm?”

Drawing in a deep breath, Akito reached up and grabbed Raily by the arm with his two slender hands. He then gave a tug, using all his strength to pull Raily toward him. A look of surprise flittered across Raily’s face as he leaned down.

Then, Akito kissed him ever so softly on the lips. A little peck of appreciation.

Pulling back, Akito smiled warmly, his eyes shimmering and gentle. “Thank you, Raily.”

Raily didn’t say a thing, couldn’t utter a word, his green blinking slowly in confusion.

Suddenly, Raily dropped his head forward, his chin touching his chest as his hands curled into tight fists and he gripped the bed sheets tightly, almost tearing at them. And his shoulders, they seemed to be shaking just ever so slightly – annoyance or rage, Akito didn’t know.

But he must admit he was a little concerned.

“Damn brat,” Raily muttered hoarsely under his breath. “You’re too darn cute for your own good.”

Before Akito had time to fully progress his words, Raily grabbed him by his upper arms and abruptly pulled him up against him, causing Akito to fumble onto his knees. His lips parted with a small noise of surprise, his hands trapped against Raily’s taut chest. Raily then pulled him closer, tighter against his chest by wrapping an arm around the small of his back. And his other hand gripped the back of his head, his fingers entangling themselves through his hair.

Raily then lowered his head, tilting Akito’s head up and kissed him on the lips– deeply.

Akito’s eyes widen in surprise, his fingers abruptly curling onto the front of Raily’s shirt when Raily slipped his tongue pass the serrated edges of his teeth, hungrily devouring the warm interior of his mouth. The feeling of Raily’s tongue against his caused a shudder of pleasure to race down Akito’s spine, his heart skipping a beat in his chest.

Soon, Akito’s eyes slipped close, his form slumping fully against Raily’s body as he continued to hold him tightly, Raily leading him through the kiss. Their lips sliding against his each others, angling their heads ever so for the best leverage, for the most passion.

Akito felt like his was falling.

He couldn’t get enough of it.

Finally, Raily ended the passionate kiss, Akito uttering a gasp for breath, his cheeks unnaturally warm. His eyes were slightly glazed, his heart thundering in his chest. T-that was yet another amazing kiss. It felt...more passionate than the one he shared with Raily last night.

“Damn it,” Raily muttered again, his forehead pressed against Akito’s. “If you weren’t in hospital...”

Hospital...? Oh, right.

“Better get well soon,” Raily said as he carefully placed Akito back onto his hospital bed, Akito sitting on the thin mattress in a highly dazed manner; cheeks flushed, hair ruffled and eyes hazy.

“I’ll see ya later kid,” Raily said as he moved to step out of the room, a smile –rugged and charming- on his face.

Akito watched him as he left and continued to look at the doorway for many minutes afterwards. Yet again he felt dazed by Raily and his kiss.

If you weren’t in hospital...? What did he mean...?

Akito’s heart fluttered. He didn’t...? Oh God...

“Akito?”

Snapping his head up, his blue eyes wide and a roaring blush on his cheeks, Akito looked at the doorway to see his sister peering from around the side of the door, a knowing smile on her lips. She then slipped inside, her hands folded behind her back, looking far too cheerful for someone having a brother in hospital.

“So, he really is your cowboy?” she asked, his eyes narrowing into a highly...fangirlish look. She may be 19 years old, but being a fangirl had no age limit whatsoever.

“What happened after I left, hmm?”

“Nothing!” Akito squeaked, his blush making him feel dizzy. If he blushed any more he’d pass out from the rush of blood to his head.

“Now now, don’t lie to me,” Seika wagged her finger at him. “Now spill, I want to know everything. And I do mean everything, little brother.”

Akito dropped his chin to his chest in defeat. Why did his sister have to be such a boy’slove romantic?