Chapter 1:

Chapter 1:

Ashley:

“IDIOT!!!” I shouted

“What?” asked my idiotic best friend Carl Humson.

“Look what you’ve done to my English essay!” I roared “YOU SPOILED EVERYTHING!”

“Today is the dead line of this essay!” I yelled at him while waving my ruined essay on his smirking face “You of all people should know that!” I bellowed at Carl.

“Oh! I’m so sorry baby Ash!” Carl said pouting at me. Because he knew I couldn’t resist him whenever he did that.  But not this time! Because his eyes were saying different things. He doesn’t seem to be sorry at all! GOD I HATE HIM!!!!

 I started to walk away from him when he suddenly wraps his strong arms around me. Resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Oh little Ash, don’t be mad at me, please” Carl whispered, making my knees go weak. (What the hell!!)

Damn this boy! I could never stay mad at him!

 I’ve known him, like forever!

“Flashback!”

13 years ago, we moved to here in Phoenix Arizona when I was like 4 or 5 years old, I don’t know. I was lonely because I left my old friends in Boston. I didn’t want to move away but my father told me that their decision to move was final. I was crying for days because I missed my friends badly. My parents tried everything just to take my mind off my friends but it was useless. I was afraid to make new friends because I was afraid that they wouldn’t accept me. That’s when Mr. Idiot aka. Carl appeared on my gloomy life. I was playing on our backyard when my mother called me from the kitchen. I entered the living room carrying my adorable sleeping puppy. Mother called me to sit down with her on the couch. As I walked towards the couch, I just looked down on my puppy. Afraid to look at the family who came to visit us today. Mom suddenly said after a long silence that followed my entrance;

“Ashley, I would like you to meet Mr. and Mrs. Humson and their son Carl Leo”

That’s when I raised my head to look at the family sitting before me. That’s when I saw Carl, and I already knew from that very moment. My life will never ever be the same again because of

               Carl Humson

 “End of flashback”

“Present day”

“Carl! Let go of me!” I winced.

I force myself to break free from Carl’s strong arms. But as I struggle to break free, Carl just tightens his embrace on me, making me wince even more.

“Say you’re not mad at me first” Carl whispered huskily.

“What if I say no?” I said sarcastically.

 “Umm, then I wouldn’t let you go, unless you say you’re not mad at me anymore” Carl shot back.

 (ARGH!!) I can feel him trying to contain his laughter from behind me. Luckily Aiden, Clark and Kevin arrive followed by my girl friend Alice. I was so thankful that they arrived ‘cause if they didn’t’ Carl could have squeezed me to death. Aiden, Clark and Kevin are Carl’s football buddies.

The four of them have known each other since they were like 7 or 8. And Alice is my first ever girl friend, ever since we started here in DeVereux High. She alone of all my friends knows every detail of my life growing up with the school’s biggest player.

 Kev, wolf whistle at us that earned him a playful slap in the arm from Alice. While Aiden shakes his head in disapprovement and Clark just stands beside Alice smirking. Carl’s embrace on me loosens a bit and that gave me a chance to put more force to break free. When I was already free from him, I turned around to face him, my blood rushing to my face. Now a few of the students were looking at us, watching our little commotion. GREAT! I hate attentions, especially if Carl was involved.

 I was starting to speak but Kevin interrupted me. I gave him a death glare but he just ignores me and continued on asking Carl a question;

“Dude, what’s up? You and Ash seemed to be in a middle of something again” Kev asks smirking.

 But before Carl can answer, I answer for him instead “Will you shut the fuck up!” I nearly shouted.

 “Chill, Ash. Take it easy” Alice butted in.

 “Yeah Baby Ash, take it easy. I’m sorry okay;” Carl whispered looking down at his shoes. But I can see that he is smiling.

That’s when I lose control and my tears starts to flow.

“I HATE YOU Carl HUMSON!” I half yelled, half sobbed.

That’s when I turn around and started to run away from them. I can hear Alice calling me to come back but I just ignore her.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

N/A:

so this is it!!! my first chap fo this story!!!! hope you like iT!!!!!

OX

Piya