Chapter 1: Getting Ready

Trailer on the side :)

Also I'd just like to say that I was a carrot when I wrote this but all of the carrotyness stops after about chapter 35. I'm sorry. I'm too lazy to change anything.

And I know this book is terribly written. No need to tell me. It was my first. I'm better now (I hope)

Also check out my youtube channel (idklottie) ^-^

"OMG! This party is going to be so epic! We have to go Britt!" Tiffany squealed as she got off the phone with our friend Taylor. She jumped onto my bed with a smile across her face as she tried to contain her excitement.

"I know right!" I said flipping my long blonde hair. "One sec. Let me ask my mum if I can go."

I grabbed my iPhone6 and dialed my mum's number. No I don't have her on speed dial. I'm not lame. After a few rings she picked up.

"Hello?" I heard my mum say.

"Hey Mum!" I said happily.

"Hi honey." She replied tiredly.

"So...how's work?" I asked as Tiffany hit me lightly.

'What?' I mouthed to Tiffany as I rubbed my arm.

'Get to the point' She mouthed back giving me a look.

I rolled my eyes and focused on my phone again, taking a deep breath.

"So I'm just going to cut to the chase. There is the most epic party ever going on tonight and I was wondering if I could go with Tiffany." I said hopefully as I bit my lip in anticipation.

I heard my mum sigh.

"A party? I don't know... Where is it?" She said. I could sense her holding her head in her hands, probably because she's stressed

"Taylor's place." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"Hmm..." She trailed off.

I hate it when parents do this. I mean, how hard is it to say yes? There's no need for this stupid suspense. I heard someone talking to her and then some shuffling.

"Honey, I have to go a meeting's about to start." My mum said quickly, never answering my simple question.

"Ugh ok." I said annoyed.

We hung up.

I looked at Tiffany's face and before she could say anything I put my hand up. I know her too well. I started to dial my dad's number.

"Hello?" I heard my dad say obviously tired.

"Hi Daddy!"

"What do you want?" He sighed.

"What? Daddy I'm shocked you would think that I would only call because I- ok I was wondering if I could go to this party at Taylor's with Tiffany tonight."

He laughed.

"Did you ask your mother?"

"Yes but she had to go to some meeting so she couldn't answer."

He sighed.

"Well I don't see why not."

I gave a thumbs up to Tiffany and we squealed.

"Brittany! You have to be back by midnight." He said sternly.

"Of course! Love you Daddy! Thank you! Bye!"

I hung up and Tiffany and I did our happy dance.

"Come on! We have to pick out our outfits!" I said excitedly.

We rushed over to my walk-in closet to pick out our outfits. Luckily, Tiff and I are the same size clothes and shoes so we swap a lot. I bet I have more of her clothes than she does.

It only took us a few hours but we were soon able to come up with the perfect outfits.

Tiffany was wearing a high-low strapless dress that was white in the bottom with gray designs on the top. She had purple wedges, purple dangle earrings and her friendship bracelet that I gave her when we first became friends.

I was wearing a simple short white strapless dress with hot pink cork wedge heels. I wore big pink circle dangle earrings and my friendship bracelet that Tiff gave me when we first met.

(See outfits on the side.)

The bracelets are very special to us. Mine's pink and hers is purple. They both have a little heart on them. We NEVER take them off.

The story behind them is pretty long but I guess I can bore you with it.

---

When Tiff and I first met, we were in kindergarten. We became best friends instantly. We did everything together and continued to be best friends all the way through elementary school.

Then middle school came. In middle school, we learned about popularity and soon realized that we were total losers.

It was hard trying to understand why the other kids would give us weird looks or why some of the girls would gossip about us. We were only being who we were but for some reason that wasn't good enough. So we then took it upon ourselves to change.

We both dyed our brown hair blonde. Tiffany had long bleached blonde hair that was pin straight. I honestly can't remember what it looks like when it's natural. And then my hair, on the other hand, is a bit shorter and more golden, sometimes usually it's straighten but sometimes I let it be wavy.

So once we change our hair we completely changed our wardrobes and attitudes. We became more fashion forward and a bit more dumb blonde and bratty. We quickly climbed the popularity ladder and are still on the top even in high school.

In order to remember our true selves, we each got matching bracelets. Every time we look at them we are instantly reminded of who we really are.

I know you might think that we're crazy to change and that we should change back. But why would we? I know we're kind of living a lie but our lives are so amazing now. We have amazing boyfriends, amazing friends and we are always the first invited to parties. It's the best life.

---

Tiffany and I put on some makeup, natural of course, and brushed our hair, leaving it down. We grabbed our purses and phones and rushed out the door to the party of the year.