Chapter 5

Dylan fiddles with my hair as I look at my computer screen, reading all the ID of the murderer. "Lizzy was right!" I exclaimed, jumping out of my chair. "Oow!" He yelled as he rubbed his elbow. "Haha.. sorry about that," I smiled.

"Anywaay.. Take a look! It says here that the murderer's known for three other murders, one this month, one last last year in Paris, AND Rachel's murder 2 years ago in Australia!" I said, overly excited.
"Thats great, but what are you going to do?" He asked.

"I will go to the house that the the last person got murdered. And investigate!" I told him. "I'll leave tonight."

"Tonight?!" He asked, shocked. "Yeah, tonight."I replied.
"Y- you're gonna risk it after what happened before?" He asked.
"Yes, I really love this type of stuff! Plus, I'll be careful. I promise." I answered.

"Ok well, do you have the police's permission for it?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Of course I don't! I'll sneak in with the magnifying glass and a torch so I can look for fingerprints and stuff." I said.

I stood at the door. Dylan had promised to stay with Lizzy. "Are you sure this is safe?" He asked.
"Yup." I said, popping my mouth when I said the "p".
"Ok." Dylan said, laughing. I couldn't help giggling after he closed the door.

I wore the long brown coat and boots, my tools in the satchel hung around my shoulder. I wore the hat that came with the set, my long brown hair all swept up into a ponytail.

I started walking down the path when I realised there were two police men on horses trotting my way, making sure everything was ok in the streets. I hid in an alleyway on the right until the police turned right at the end of the street, and went completely out of sight. I came back out and continued walking. I hoped that would be the only time I would have to hide or go in an alleyway.

I scaled the house from a distance.
My only option to enter was the window that the victim had been pushed out of. If i had to get dried blood on myself, so be it. I waited until there was no one on the streets and dashed across the gravel and behind a thick tree in the front yard.

Time to get this party started, I thought.