Prologue

My little sister Lizzy lay in her bed, clueless on the day ahead. I have to tell her now. I have to tell her what happened. "Lizzy!" I shake her awake and she sits up. "Whats going on?" She asked tiredly.
"Its Rachel." I replied. "Come out to the kitchen." I walked out and sat in a chair. In a few minutes, Lizzy was sitting across from me. "Why did you wake me up? Its 6am and its only Saturday!"
"Rachel is your best friend. . ."
"Yeah we do everything together."
She told me. "What about her?"
My eyes filled with tears. Why do I have to be the one to tell her? "Why are you crying! Tell me!" Shouted Lizzy. She started to cry, noticing that it was obviously not good news. I came around the table and she stood up. I hugged her and said, "she's gone.. Sh-she was m-murdered!"
"What?!" Lizzy screamed. She cried and cried. "Rachel!" She kept shouting again and again. I couldn't blame her. Shes only 9. I can imagine how sad and grieved Rachel's family may have been. Dad died 2 years ago when I was 10. Lizzy and I were really sad but I think mum was the saddest losing her husband and best friend. Dad died a tragic death. I remember seeing him on the floor of his boat. Blood all around him and seeping out of his thigh where his leg used to be. We assume he died of blood loss. His white t-shirt became red and the brown floorboards had blood stains everywhere. We saw a thick trail of blood going all the way across the boat, down the side and into the water. Some sort of shark got onto the boat and ripped his leg off. But this situation is different. The murder of Rachel who was only 8, happened just four hours ago. "Did they put the murderer in jail, Jacky?" Cried Lizzy.
"Yes of they did." I lied. I couldn't let her heart get any more broken, I was only just holding it together.