Chapter 1

It has been 2 years since Rachel died. Lizzy misses her. I bought her a bordercollie pup to cheer her up. At first, Lizzy didn't like him, but overtime she grew fond of him. She decided to name him Darcy. I loved the name and so did the pup.

"See ya, Lizzy! I'll be back before dinner!" I yelled into the house.
"Ok have fun." Lizzy replied as she walked out of the lounge. Darcy came out behind her and jumped up on my legs. "Bye Darcy," I said as I gave him a hug. He barked as Lizzy closed the door behind me.

I took one last look at the door and admired the cute doggie door that I added.

I started down the path through the garden and opened the latch of the gate. I closed it behind me and walked off into the crowded streets of London. Suddenly, a familiar bark followed by paws against the gravel and Darcy was sitting in front of me, lead in his mouth. "Darcy! You shouldn't be here, its too crowded for you. How did you even get past the gate?" I said. He stared. I stopped walking. He looked at me sadly and innocently. "Ugh, fine. You better not keep stopping to pee or sniff." I said. Darcy jumped and barked happily. He dropped the lead and i picked it up. I put it on him and I continued walking. I've never seen Darcy happier than this except the time I chose him from the pound. His mother died at birth, if she was alive when I came there, I would've  brought her home too. Sadly, someone already took Darcy's sister as well.

I turned a sharp left into an alleyway. I always used it as a shortcut to get to another street. We waited for a horse and cart to pass, then continued across the street into another alleyway that went to my destination. As soon as we got to the end, we went right and I
admired the front of Alleyway fashion, a clothing shop. I tied Darcy outside. I saw a detectives outfit; magnifying glass, long brown coat, boots and a hat. Suddenly, a boy that was about a year older than me noticed I was looking at the outfit. He took down the price and replaced it with a sign that said "Free For First Customer!" I rushed to the door but got pushed out of the way by a girly looking girl who was also about my age. I fell to the ground and still on his lead, Darcy came and licked my face.

"I'm okay, boy." I said as I got to my feet and brushed myself off. I entered the shop and realised that the girl had asked for the detective outfit.

I slowly walked back to the door. "Wait!" The boy called. I turned around and saw the boy running up to me. "I believe that you were here for this first?" He asked. Surprisingly, he was Australian too. I
moved to London 1 year ago. "No she wasn't! I was so here first!" The girl, Lora, yelled.
"Forget her, Jacky, she knew you were out there. I saw her push you out of the way." He whispered. "Wait, how did you know my name?" I asked.
"Y-you don't remember me?" The boy said.
"Er, am I supposed to?"
"Yes, we were in Kindergarten together and we were best friends."
"DYLAN?!" I asked excitedly.
"Yep. I grew up handsome didn't I?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, I'm not even gonna ask how you ended up in London, too." I said. "I'm just glad you did. I missed you so much."
"I missed you too." He said, with tears in his eyes. "It's been too long." He put down the detective outfit and we had a big hug.

I felt so safe and cozy in his strong arms.
"I must be off. Thanks for the outfit. I'll drop in tomorrow." I told him.
"Jacky, I can't wait that long. I'll come over for dinner." He said.
"Sounds great I'll come and get you." I said as I walked out of the shop. So much for going to the police station. I put the outfit in my backpack, got Darcy and headed home.