Chapter 9

A few days pass by. Hoodie and Smile have visited me every day. We've really become close in these past days. Hoodie asked me again if I wanted to go to his home.

I still declined. I still don't think I'm ready for that. Although, the idea is becoming more tempting, I just don't know if I'd fit in with the rest of them.

I was currently walking by myself through the woods, gathering my thoughts. I stopped upon hearing voices and hid behind a tree.

Peeking around the tree trunk, I caught sight of some guys. They were dressed in camouflage and carried shotguns and hunting knives.

"Do you think we'll actually be able to catch this thing?"

"Of course we can. We set up traps everywhere. We're bound to catch whatever's been freezing everything in town."

My eyes widened. I'm...being hunted? I need to get out of here. I began to leave, but quickly froze when my foot snapped a twig.

"What was that?"

I took off running, hearing the hunters following. I heard a few gunshots, each one luckily missing their target.

"C'mon, we can't lose this thing now! We're so close!"

I continued running, jumping over rocks and things in my way. Right after I jumped over a log, I felt an intense pain in my right leg.

I screamed and looked down to see my foot caught in a bear trap. I panicked and tried tugging it loose, but stopped when I realized that the hunters had surrounded me.

They all stared at me with grins on their faces. "Well, well, well, it was a little girl the whole time. Nobody shoot. We're taking her with us."

I watched in fear as one of them started getting closer. There's only one thing left to do now.

I held my hands out and made a wall of ice around the man, trapping him. The others began aiming their guns at me.

"Please, just leave me alone. I don't want to hurt anyone."

"Sorry, little lady, but that's not an option."

I frowned. Then they give me no choice. I must defend myself. I watched each of the men carefully.

Noticing one of the guys going for his knife on his belt, I quickly made ice shoot up in front of him, encasing his hands in place.

I suddenly felt a tight grip on my arm, looking to see one of the guys grabbing me. I began struggling against him.

"Let go of me!"

As my fear began to rise, I felt the air around me getting stronger and colder. Snow and ice swirled around me and the hunters in a miniature snowstorm.

Everything began to freeze. The ground, the trees, and the hunters too. They screamed and panicked until their entire bodies were encased in ice, silencing their cries.

The blizzard around me slowly dispersed. The guy who grabbed my arm was frozen to me. I had to break his hand to remove it from my arm.

The pain in my leg returned as I looked down at it. The metal of the trap dug into my leg, causing blood to trickle down onto the ground.

I bent down and slowly pried the trap open, slipping my bloody leg out of it. I cringed and examined the wound. It looked pretty deep and hurt really bad.

I looked around, suddenly noticing a walkie talkie on the ground next to one of the frozen men. I could hear static and a voice coming from it.

"Beta Team. What's going on, Beta Team? We're heading to your position."

My eyes widened and I began limping away. If there are more hunters coming, then I need to get out of here.

I went as fast as I could with my injured leg, occasionally taking a breather before I continued to get as far away as I could.

Glancing down at my leg, I winced at the unbearable pain as blood poured out of the wounds. I panted and continued limping until I couldn't go any farther.

I stopped, leaning against a tree to catch my breath. I peeked around the tree trunk, making sure no one was following.

"Blizzaria?"

I jumped in surprise, yelping as I turned around to see two familiar faces. I smiled.

"Hoodie, Smile, I'm so glad to see you two."

Hoodie looked down at my leg while Smile sniffed at it. "Are you okay?! What happened to your leg?!"

I tiredly leaned against the tree. "I was ambushed by hunters. Got my leg caught in a trap."

"Are they still back there?"

I shook my head. "No. I froze them."

"Blizzaria, please let me take you to my home. I have a friend who can patch up your leg."

Smile whimpered at me as if hoping I'd say yes. I forced a small smile. "I'll be okay. Really."

I limped closer, nearly stumbling. I grabbed Hoodie's arm to steady myself. He watched me momentarily before speaking.

"Blizzaria, you need help, and I'm not taking no for an answer this time."

He suddenly scooped me up into his arms, carrying me bridal style. He started walking with Smile by his side.

I did the only thing I could and wrapped my arms around his neck to hold on. I smiled to myself and laid my head against him.

"Thanks, Hoodie."

Hoodie's pov

I felt my face heat up as Blizzaria laid her head against me. I can't believe all this happened to her. She doesn't deserve this.

I'm glad she's giving in and finally letting me take her back to the mansion. I glanced at her wounded leg again.

All I want to do now is help her. I just need to get her back home. Jack will know what to do.