Chapter 16

She read the newspaper, a satisfied smile crept onto her face. Edward peered over at her.
"Any news?" He asked, curious about her sudden delight. She had been extremely angry after he forced her to resign. Her subjects were angry too. But everyone knew she would be back.

"It was announced this morning that our head leader is not dead. He is in fact in a minor coma after sustaining injuries from the car crash." She read out the extract, calmly trying to not look to pleased with herself.
"My set up worked. Injure him badly, just make sure he doesn't die." She knew it would work, she persuaded some guy to do the dirty work, but she made sure that he wouldn't die.

"His fat probably padded out the blow" Edward whispered loudly. She but the inside of her cheek, trying not to laugh. 

"Very true Edward, very true. I can't wait till I finally kill him." She leant back in her chair, placing the newspaper down on the table as the butler came in. He shakily placed her breakfast on the table. Trying to keep his hands steady. She looked him in the eye, he looked terrified. 

"Everything okay?" She watched him suspiscously.

"I-I'm f-fine miss, would you l-like anything else?" he stuttered on his words. She glared at him, she hated it when people stuttered. Such lack of confidence was irritating.

"No thank you, you may leave now." She watched his back as he left the room.

 He walked into the corridor, his pace quickening. Practically running as he reached the kitchen. Fumbling in his jacket pocket, he grabbed his phone. Dialling a number and pressing it firmly to his ear, his whole body shaking.

"Hello, h-hello. This is an emergency. Iris, she-shes planning on killing the head leader. I o-overheard a c-conversation-" His words were cut off as the knife plunged into his back. He gurgled, spitting out blood. He fell limp, his body thumped to the ground. Iris grabbed the phone and hissed down the line.

"Breathe a word and I will crush you with my bare hands."

She was too late though. The damage was already done.