Chapter 14

The beach stretched out, strong waves pushed onto the white shore. Clear blue water, rippling as small fish swam round. The coral bright and playful, the colours playing in harmony. The sand was soft and cool to the touch. The ocean made a soft noise as it slowly moved in and out. Gently following the slight breeze that tainted the air.

She lay stretched out, her pale skin absorbing the bright sunlight. She closed her eyes and was peaceful. Thinking happy thoughts, memories from home. She stretched out on her beach towel, her eyes opened slowly. Admiring the stretch of beautiful land that she owned, she let her eyes drift around.

"Iris! I have news" Edward began to walk over, his skin glowed in the sunlight. He smiled down at her, the perfect white teeth fitting together like blocks. He pushed his blonde hair out of his eyes, looking down at her, admiring the smooth curves of her figure, her body wasn't to thin or too fat. You saw no rolls at her waist, no extra flab on her arms. Yet no gap between her thighs, no ribs poking out of her perfect, undamaged skin. His eyes travelled to her head, the way her red hair sparked in the wind. The flames licked around her face. Her face, it was perfect. The nose exactly on centre, the deep red eyes precisely in place The cupid bow lips were neither to big nor to small. She looked up at him.

"Will you please stop undressing me with your eyes Edward, we aren't married yet." She grinned wickedly.

"I don't need to use the imagination for that my dear, I've seen the real thing." He laughed, smiling back at her.

She just rolled her eyes. Grabbing his leg, she made him topple over with her strength. She laughed at his weakness.

"Beaten by a girl huh." She loved teasing him, because she knew that he couldn't do anything at all to retaliate. He sighed and sat down properly next to her.

"I am here for a reason you know, not just to bask in your beauty." He drew himself up, seeming more alert he carried on.

"Someone was killed in the house of victors, one of the girls. Anna she was called. They found her body hidden in a wardrobe, apparently she had an argument with the Alix kid earlier that evening. Cassie found her body this morning. We have no proof it was him, though all signs point towards it. I just didn't know whether to raise him or punish him." he looked at her curriosuly, waiting for a reaction.

"Praise him, of course. I always found him... Odd. i guess its a good thing. if we ever decide to 'have children' we are adopting him. Also the cute little girl, Cassie. Shes so sweet and bloodthirsty. a perfect daughter." She smiled at the thought, it would make their role seem more believable. Also giving them a chance to privately train these more profound killers.

"Well you are thinking ahead," he laughed quietly. Standing up quickly. "I think I might stay for a while, work is really irritating me at the moment. the head leader keeps giving me loads of pointless tasks and I'm sick of it already. I can't wait till we kill him." He started to walk back to the little cabin. 

"I will be right back," he called over his shoulder. She smiled at his back, being this ruthless was so fun sometimes. She loved planning peoples deaths.