Chapter 12

"I think a big white wedding, thousands of flowers and-" she raised a hand, signalling for the wedding planner to stop. She leaned across the table, pushing over a set of notes.

"I was thinking of a black wedding, more modern for this day and age. Very stylish, expensive, the whole thing. I have enough money to buy a district. I can pay for a little wedding like this." She flipped through her notes, showing fabric samples and cake ideas. Her own ideas. She wanted this to be big. To go down in history. It had to be something the people had never seen before.

"That is a very, unusual idea..." The planner replied, her eyes wide and confused. Iris narrowed her red eyes slightly. How dare a measly human doubt her.

"Of course it's unusual. That's the point. It needs to be unusual. I don't want a generic wedding. I want something that will go down in history" she spoke through gritted teeth. Trying to control her anger at this stupid excuse for a person.

"Oh I see now. So if we held this at say End Point Cliff in district Monteran. We could have this long black dress, that would blow in the wind. Slightly ghost like and Gothic. The waves would create a movie like scene as they crashed against End Point itself. As you know, it's the tallest cliff in the world. Famous for many suicides and murders off its fierce edge." Iris smiled, finally the planner had come up with something good. It was the starting point of a great idea, with a bit of neatening up it could be amazing. She had another thought. This was a perfect idea, at the end of the wedding she could push the minister off the cliff. Just to show that marriage doesn't make you less ruthless.

She smiled excitedly, this was going to be great. It would all be holovised of course. The whole world needed to see what was happening. The seats at the wedding itself would be taken by the other leaders. The head leader could be right at the front. As an extra little dig, she made a mental note to give him a larger chair. Just so he knew that his...size was being recognised.

She couldn't wait till she could kill him. He really got on he nerves, he knew nothing about ruling the world. She would be much more suited for his position.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Edward strode in. He was dressed in a stunning black suit. Perfectly fitting around his body. He bent down and gave her a quick kiss, then smoothly sat next to her. The wedding planner glared enviously at Iris. Edward really did look perfect, as perfect as a human could get anyway.

"Sorry I'm late, I was trying out suits for the wedding." He flashed a stunning smile, his handsome face seemed to glow in pride. Most people would think he was happy for the wedding. Though Iris knew that it was because of their plan of world domination. It was going to be a great year for the both of them. Power was a very satisfying thing to possess, you could do almost anything with it.

The wedding planner pushed him the notes, blushing slightly as his hand touched hers. Iris narrowed her eyes, the wedding planner could flirt all she wanted. She wasn't going to get what she wanted. Edward was hers, for all purposes. Romantic and otherwise.

Edwards eyes flicked across the page. Obviously ignoring the wedding planners attempts at flirtation, Iris smiled triumphantly. He nodded at the ideas. Taking Iris' hand under the table. He squeezed her fingers. The signal that they needed the wedding planner to leave as soon as possible. Their little plan was completed. 

"I'm very sorry but we have important business to deal with. We would be grateful if you could exit the building now, we could meet up again later on in the week." Edward spoke softly, he was a brilliant lier. His formality made it extremely believable. 

"Of course," the wedding planner replied, looking slightly miffed at her shortened meeting with Edward. She picked up the numerous pointless items that she had brought along, packing them carefully into her distasteful bag. She stood and knocked some pens of the desk clumsily. Stupid human, Iris thought as Edward bent down and niftily picked up the pens. Placing them carefully on the table. Iris grimaced at the wedding planners stupidity. Another irritating trait belonging to humans.

Iris stood, showing the way to the door. Smiling as the wedding planner left. As soon as the door was shut, she ran to Edward.

"Did you get it?" She whispered, her eyes sparkled in excitement. He pulled a card out of his pocket, followed by a little notebook.

"Here's her credit card, here's her notebook. She stupidly wrote down her PIN numbers and pass codes for everything." He handed them both to her, she looked at them gleefully.

"I know it is just so pointless, but I didn't exactly want to spend my OWN money on something for the community. I might as well ruin someone's life by spending all of theirs to do it instead." She waved the card around and pushed it into a pocket in her jacket.

She was going to use all of the wedding planners money to build a house of victors for her favourite killers to live in. She would pick from the winners of the contest each week. Choose one from every month or so and let them live in a mansion with other victors. Just her little input, so people knew it was good to be bloodthirsty. They would get rewarded for it. From the look of some of her victors, there might even be some killings inside the victors mansion. A great plan.

Stealing money from her wedding planner was very convenient, she would be getting more popularity from building the house of victors. Plus she would get someone else to do all the major work for the wedding. Even if they were going to go bankcrupt straight afterwords. All she had to do was buy a dress and turn up at the right time.

She smiled at Edward, life really was great. She had it so easy. She could do anything.