≈ t w e n t y - t w o ≈

Start from the beginning

It soon became a routine of easy chatter, bubbling humour and devotion as they work. James was, and still is, out for his lunch break, albeit it didn't make much of a difference as James doesn't commonly hang out in the store regardless, as he is often busy in the back with paperwork.

After Brielle's shift ended, she decides to hang around for a bit to keep her friends company, especially since there aren't any customers currently looking for help.

Sitting leisurely beside Janice as the red head stacks the perfume sets chronologically (because, well, why not?), Brielle hits up a conversation with Robin, who's supposedly bored out of his mind.

There conversation was everything but boring.

"Robin texted me to tell you guys that James went by Calvin. Do any of us need, and I actually quote, 'nudes of any sorts? preferably of a certain bird spokesperson, wink face?'" Brielle barks another laugh, catching Janice's attention. "More like gag face. Dude! He sent me a picture of a mannequin as a tease. Jesus. Renée next time you go to Church, take this boy."

"He wasn't baptized a kid. Just drown him in the bathtub. Maybe hang a cross or something over his head. With any luck, it'll fall on his skull to atone for sins," Renée chortles. "Though if he's offering nudes, can he give me a discount of their new sneakers? I could totally rock those."

"'You guys aren't worthy of working for Victoria'," Brielle reads the reply after the text is sent. "We're apparently prudes. How have we not killed him yet?"

Renée speaks up, her eyebrows raised in question mark. "Has he seen this body? There's a reason I don't go to Church with these sinful curves. I make priests walk awkwardly — and you know why —when they be reading about chastity. Tell him the only thing he'll be kissing for the next week will be my beautiful fist if he thinks I'm a prude."

"Renée, don't get so worked up," Brielle laughs. "James just sent me a video recording of Robin talking to the phone about how his beautiful face does not look nice blue."

"What is James doing there, anyways?" Janice asks as she cuts a price tag for a bottle, throwing out the older one without the new price on it.

Brielle wiggles her eyebrows. "Should I be asking for nudes from another guy, then?"

Janice swats Brielle's arm, her cheeks buzzing with heat. "You don't just say that in public!"

"Janice?" Renée motions her head towards the store, "there is no better public place to discuss this!"

"You can't go around asking for nudes of your manager!" Janice half-screams, embarrassment creeping up her neck to her toes. "I-I— I like flats. Tell Robin to get me nude flats, too."

"Is that your entire order because there's this six-foot guy who looks really hot without—"

"Flats, Brielle. I swear, I'll be drowning you in a bathtub, too."

Giggling at Janice's flustered state, Renée leans in, her elbows on the counter of the check-out booth, her lips pulled back in an easygoing smile. "Hey, Janice, when are you going to bag James?"

"Why do you make it sound like I'm going to purchase him?" Janice said aghast. "You can't just buy him like on eBay! Hey, I'll pay 25 cents extra for free shipping and wrapping!"