Den

As you may or may not recall, in Lou's tag book, she said that her favourite place was a den that her and her friends had made.
Would you like to find out about it?

No?

Tough.

😀

~~~~~

As Cecil walked along, he ran his hands along the rocks that they had all played at, and sometimes lived in.

He smiled when all of the memories of this place came back to him. The games, the promises, everything.

He could still remember the day that they found this place. It felt like it was yesterday.

~~~~~~

"Cecil!" Lou called out, from behind a tree.

Cecil crosses his arms.
"Lou we're playing hide and seek. That means you have to hide! Not tell me where you are" he rolled his eyes, and started walking towards a lighter patch of trees, where Lou's voice had come from.

"Drop the attitude young man, come and look at what I've found!" She said, poking her head around the corner of the trees, her eyes alight with excitement.

"I'm 10, not 3" Cecil muttered, but followed her anyway.

When Cecil finally caught up with her, Lou grabbed his shoulder and turned him to face her.
"You'll never believe what I've found." She said, her eyes shining.

"What is it?" Cecil asked curiously

"Come on!" She shouted, grabbing his hand, and running towards a mound of rocks.

Cecil shook his head, but followed anyway (mostly because he had no other choice, because dang, she was strong)

"Ta-da!!" Lou said, when they had made their way across the rocks.

Cecil looked at the pile of rubble, and then at Lou, then back at the rocks.

He raised his eyebrows
"What? No weapons vault? No pranking store? No cream pie to the face?"

Lou laughed.
"No dumbass, look at it!! It would be a perfect den!" She said, still looking at the rocks with pride.

Cecil stepped closer, and professionally inspected it.

There was a huge rock jutting out from the top, which would be a good wind and rain breaker. If they moved some of the smaller rocks in the middle, then there would easily be enough space for 10 people. There was a flat surface in the corner, which would be perfect for putting stuff like food an stuff on it. If they got some pillows, and put them on the floor, then it would be really comfy, not to mention that there were a few smaller rocks that were in a perfect position to hang stuff like blankets and sheets from.

Cecil's mouth dropped open. This was incredible.

He slowly turned to Lou Ellen, a huge grin spreading on his face. Lou looked like she was nervously waiting for Cecil judgement.

"You...are...a genius!!!" Cecil shouted, grabbing Lou by the waist, picking her up, and spinning her around.

"Tell me something I don't know" she said, when he put her down, but there was something that Cecil didn't recognise in her eyes.