may 11th.

7:05 a.m.

He said, "Hey, Yoongi?"

"Yes?"

"You don't have to worry about what happened on Sunday. I was just going through some things."

Yoongi shook his head, "What happened to you.... that doesn't look like just sadness to me. I'm not stupid, you know."

He drew in a severed breath.

"My Aunt Eunbyul passed away that morning after a really long battle with thyroid cancer. I was really close with her, you know? It was just... hard for me to stomach so I guess I got a little nostalgic. She's the first real death I've ever had to deal with. It probably hit me harder than it should have."

"It's okay to feel that way. There's no limit on how much hurt you should and should not feel after something like that."

And Jimin nudged his friend, "Thanks, Min Yoongi."

"Okay."

"Thanks for being here with me."

"Gotta get to work somehow."

Jimin smiled. He was lying through his teeth. Aunt Eunbyul did not pass away from thyroid cancer, nor was he close to her. This wasn't just nostalgia. Years would go by, seasons would change, stars would be born and on its axis the world would turn a thousand times, and still her funeral would never be held.

Aunt Eunbyul was immortal. She was a metaphor within the confines of Jimin's head, a white lie, festering, a death of things as he knew it.

Aunt Eunbyul was eternal and infinite, and yet, she had never existed in the first place.