The Game of Rolls

Grayson's POV

Drake will find a way out... He always does.

I chop a few branches out of my path, before continuing my way in where I could only assume Silver Ridge was waiting.

To be perfectly honest, I was curious to see how Silver Ridge has been holding out.

After it had been completely evacuated that long time ago, there has never been news of it being repopulated. It just.... stayed there, as a monument of those times, I suppose.

If only it were those times... I sigh, finding it slightly amusing that I thought of those days as the good ones.

When it was just me... Drake and Armen, being haunted by Herobrine....

And then that bitter memory of Armen throwing himself off of the cliff came back to mind.

"He tossed me his helmet." I recall. "Right before...."

I groan, and take my head in hand.

"Why didn't I DO something?! I knew it was coming... I could have... I could have stopped him.... and then that time when Drake shattered the diamond... I could have done something then as well...."

But I then shake myself up, and look ahead again.

"It's all in the past... no point in looking back now."

I then look down at my feet, and yell out, stumbling backwards.

Ravine.... A big one too.

And I had been just on the verge of walking right off it.

"Oh my...." I take a slow breath, in and out, trying not to think of the possible consequences of not being alert.

Once I regain my composure, I slowly slink over to the edge.

"Dear Notch that goes far down." I breathe, the bottom of the rift seeming to bounce backwards and forwards in my vision.

I take a glance around, trying to see if there's any way around, but the crack goes on for as far as I can see.

I look down at the map, and grumble in disappointment when I confirm what I was dreading.

I have to cross this ravine if I want to get to Silver Ridge...

I increase the space between me and the fracture a considerable amount, before checking my surroundings to see if there's anything I can use to get across.

I could knock a tree down... but the hole is very wide, and there aren't any trees close to the edge. Even if there were, I don't know if I could get one down!

I lean against the mossy surface of one, and feel a thick, leafy rope fall down across my face.

I spit it out of the way, and examine it a bit.

A vine....

I tug at it, and soon it comes tumbling down.

This could work...

I glance across the ravine once more, and notice a stray root protruding from the edge.

And a plan was starting to form in my mind.

A dangerous one... sure.

But how is this any more dangerous that fighting Herobrine, really?

Drake's POV

I make my way towards the door that should take me to the dining room. I knew it was a bit past the time that the Mages were to eat, but it was worth a shot.