Perfectly Broken- Chapter 12

AN: HEY LOVLIES!! I miss you guys so much! I know I have been like MIA for a while, but I am glad to say I am back. I really hope you guys are having an awesome summer, like I am. I have been quite busy though so that is why I haven't updated in like forever! I'm really sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long. I hope you enjoy the chapter and I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for reading my story. <3 I know I don't update on time sometimes, but you guys have been very patient and I love you for that!  Thanks once again, I never would have thought I would have this many reads and it is all because of you lovely wattpaders! 

Enjoy!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Violet's P.O.V)

“Violet, get in the kitchen now.” I heard my dad say sternly to me from downstairs.

 Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I took in a deep breath; preparing myself for what my dad had coming my way. I was almost sure that it was about me skipping school the other day. Reluctantly, I walked in the kitchen to find him pouring himself a cup of coffee.

 “Was yesterday Saturday by any chance?” He asked, staring at me pointedly while waiting for a response. 

 “No.” I huffed out, crossing my arms in the process; readying myself to tell him why I wasn’t at school.

 “Oh so you do know that yesterday was in fact a school day! So may I ask young lady where you were, because you sure as hell weren’t where you were supposed to be!”

 As if on cue, my mom walked in to save me from this misery I was about to be put through. Worlds. Best. Mom.

 “Honey, don’t be so hard on Violet. I remember as a teenager I used to skip school all the time and so did you. So give her some slack, I’m sure it was for a good reason.” She told my dad, throwing him a look that said ‘get over it’. “As for you Violet, I expect you not to make this a frequent habit or next time I will let your father handle the situation; and we both know that he can be Mr. Grumpy Pants sometimes.” She laughed.

 “I am not grumpy; I just don’t want Violet to fall behind in school.” He said in defence. “You know that I just want what is best for you sweetheart.”

 “I know dad, I promise I won’t let my grades waver.” I smiled, leaning in to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. With that, I grabbed an apple from the fridge and waved goodbye to my parents; and headed off to school.

 Of course I would be lucky enough not to find a parking spot right away and end up driving around in circles for fifteen minutes, making me late for first period. Dad will be overjoyed to get the call notifying him.

 After facing the embarrassment of everyone staring at me for walking in after the bell rang, I took my seat next to Malory. Clearly she did not get over the fact that I didn’t tell her about Luke because she was looking at the chalkboard, pretending to listen; when I know she was just ignoring my presence.

 A couple minutes into her not acknowledging me, I couldn’t take it any longer and I knew I had to apologize to her. “Look Mallie, I know I should have told you as soon as it happened but I was scared you would think I was a slut for hooking up with a guy I barley knew.” I admitted.

She was still giving me the silent treatment so I continued on with my apology, “I realise I haven’t been the best friend lately, but I promise I can make it up to you and plus I miss you teasing me about boys.”

 After what felt like ages, she turned around to look at me and finally quit the not talking act. “I never would think you were some whore bag, I respect you too much. If anything I would be a hypocrite if I thought that, I mean look at me I hook up with random guys all the time. Compared to me, you’re like an angel sent from above. I just wish you would have told me, that’s all. How long would you have kept it from me if I didn’t find out?”