Perfectly Broken- Chapter 9

AN: Hey lovelies, well as you can see I updated! I know I haven't updated in a while and I'm sorry about that, but just know that I didn't do my homework just so I could update for you guys tonight; like I had said I would. :) 

Now I want to say thank you for all the reads and comments! I really appreciate every one of them and I try to respond to as many as I can! Just a few more reads and I will be at 13,000 WHOOP WHOOP! 

READ THIS: note that this chapter does have a little swearing. (not to much though) Okay and don't forget to read my author note at the end.....if you want. CHAPTER IS NOT EDITED WHATSOEVER, SORRY!

OKAY NOW GO READ THIS CHAPTER, OR ELSE!........just kidding :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 (Kaden's P.O.V)

I took a deep breath as I approached Violet’s front door. I was really going to do this! I finally built up enough courage to tell her how I feel about her; I wasn’t going to be the stupid asshole I was before. I needed her to know why I never showed up for her birthday all those years ago.

 The memory of that day is still so clear in my mind, I can visualize it as if it was a motion picture that I have seen a thousand times. I remember looking out my bedroom window and seeing Violet sitting on the grass in her backyard, waiting for my arrival. I had promised her the day before that I would meet her there at around seven and celebrate her birthday. Her aunt and uncle were over for the occasion, but other then that no one else had come. Unlike now, Violet only had one friend at the time.Me.She had always been shy around everyone else and never bothered trying to make friends. I was her rock and I never admitted it, but she was mine. It was like we depended on one another to survive, but that was all lost when I made the stupid mistake of not showing up that night.

  I noticed that Vi had changed in the past year, a lot. She appeared older and looked much more like a women now. She was no longer the girl I used to make fun of for having a flat chest; she definitely did not lack in that department anymore. I realised through all this change that I was changing as well. I never noticed how beautiful Violet was before, I mean I always loved her bubbly personality and strong willed spirit, but this was different. I started getting nervous around her and soon later I realised that I was falling for her and this absolutely terrified me.

 I knew that if I showed up that night, I wouldn’t have been able to stop myself from telling her how I felt. I was scared that if I told her, she would freak out and never talk to me again. So me being the tuff guy I am, I never went in fear of getting my heart broken, but what I didn’t realise was that I had broken hers instead. After that we never talked and ended up drifting apart, only seeing each other going in and out of our houses.

 I had lost my best friend, and it was all my fault.

 Wiping the painful memory away, I raised my hand to give the door a firm knock; but before I had a chance to, it flung open. I stood there in shock as Violet came into my vision. She was wearing a navy blue striped dress that hugged in at the waist and flowed out at the bottom, which she paired with white converse. Although, she was in a simple outfit she managed to look stunning. I tore my gaze away from her outfit and made my way to her face. Her hair was curled at the ends and she even put on a little lip gloss, adding to her natural beauty. I finally came out of my little trance when I heard the sound of someone clearing their voice.

“Can I help you with something, or are you just going to stand there and stare at me all day?” She spit out, obviously still mad at me from our fight.